Thursday, December 23, 2010

Tron

Our lunch yesterday was great. Mark and his former co-workers had a great time catching up. I had met these people before on a few occasions, so I also enjoyed the conversation. The restaurant was lovely. Mark had a fried fish sandwich and cole slaw. I had blackened salmon on pasta with Cajun sauce. Spicy! The menu isn't terribly extensive and slightly on the pricey side, but the food was well prepared and delicious. OK, that is IT. No more restaurant reviews!! LOL

Today our plan is to go see the movie Tron in 3D. I'm not a big fan of 3D, but Mark loves it. We also have to go to Seven Mile Market to buy the dinner fixings for the next several nights. Mark is making steak on french fries with mushrooms for Lowell tonight. My step-mother Jackie is arriving for Christmas on Friday, and we are going to make a very traditional Shabbat dinner for her and Cindy: challah and wine, matzo ball soup, gefilte fish, roast chicken, potato kugel, and string beans. I do plan to throw one non-traditional item in there, some quinoa for me for the whole grain.

I also have to finish wrapping a few gifts to deliver today and Saturday. That won't take long at all.

The biggest complaint I have is that this cold is just digging in for the long haul. Each day it has gotten worse. Although I have not had a fever yet, I'm still concerned. Today is Thursday, after all, my traditional day for developing that fever! LOL Of course, if it takes a turn for the worse, Mark will blog on my behalf. I'm trying to stay hopeful that the white cell counts are not going too low and that the neulasta shot will work its magic by tomorrow so that my own body can fight this off enough to get that seventh Taxol cycle next Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. I hope that Tron is a good movie. I do hope that your cold starts getting better. I hope you have lots of fun with your family the next several days. I do think that with your strong spirit and with your past great success with weight loss you will do well with it once you are done with your chemo. If you are anything like me, you will find radiation to be a whole lot easier than chemo has been. I am thinking of you.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky,
    I hope you wake up and that cold is better! Get lots of sleep tonight. We want to see you tomorrow for maj! It has been too long since you played with us. Hope you can make it to Robins.
    Go to sleep now!!!!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Annie. See you at 12:30PM tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete