Friday, December 24, 2010

Still have a cold. UGH.

Mark gave Tron a B+; Rudy gave it a B-; I gave it a C-. I slept through several key scenes, mostly fights, and at the end I wasn't sure I had gotten all of the plot. Maybe I just slept from the cold or lack of caffeine these days. I just didn't think it was that good. Still I enjoyed seeing Rudy and exchanging presents. It's always fun to get out. After the movie we did get all of our food shopping done at Seven Mile Market.

Lowell came over to watch a lot more episodes of How I Met Your Mother. I enjoy it very much. Mark outdid himself for dinner. He had seen this concoction on the show Man vs. Food on the Travel Channel. French fries are laid on the plate; a perfectly prepared rib eye steak is place on top of the fries; mushrooms in gravy cover that with melted (pareve) cheese over them. It sounded like a winner, and it was! All four of us really enjoyed dinner. There was also a salad. Yummy.

My cold is still bothering me, so I went upstairs about 9 p.m. last night. I wrapped the last few Christmas presents for tomorrow, read a little bit, and went to sleep by 10 p.m. I had hoped to feel better this morning, but I don't. No matter what, I am going down to Greenbelt to play Mah Jongg. The last time I did that was October 28, and I ended up in the hospital for the first time that night. Oh my, I hope that doesn't happen this time!! LOL Actually, despite the cold, I feel pretty confident that there will be no hospital in my immediate future.

Tomorrow is Christmas. For everyone who celebrates the holiday, I wish you a wonderful day full of family, friends, and love. I will be spending the afternoon at Kip's house with our extended family. Mark and I want to watch the Disney Christmas parade on TV between noon and 2 p.m. first. My step-mother will be arriving today from West Virginia, so we'll have a lovely dinner tonight with her and Cindy. Evey and Eric have arrived in Boston this morning. They have a friend picking them up, and they plan to visit the hotel venue for their wedding before meeting Eric's dad and driving up to New Hampshire for the holidays. A week of snowboarding and skiing awaits them.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Even with folks who's immune system is great, colds last forever. I think forever translates to a week to 10 days but it just seems like forever.

    YAY for mahj. I promise not to hold your tile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will let you win!
    Wendy is bringing cauliflower soup, Annie kugel, Arlene mushroom something from Trader Joes. I have unopened hummus and carrots and cookies I made last night. No one is sick here and Paggy was here yesterday so house is super clean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you have a lot of fun playing Mah Jongg today. Have a fun day of Christmas tomorrow and hopefully you start feeling better from your cold. What always helps my colds is cherry vodka. I don't like the taste of alcohol, but it sure helps me feel better when I am sick. Take care.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete