Monday, December 6, 2010

It's so cold this morning.

Waking up to mornings in the 30s is why Mark wanted to move to Florida. Ironically, it's only 38 degrees in Orlando this morning. No matter where we might be, it's cold out today. In fact, snow flurries are in the forecast. Still it's sunny right now, and I'm looking forward to a good day. Unlike Mark, I actually LIKE snow. I won't mind at all watching the flurries or snow showers today.

Mark and I have a typical day of running to Laurel, nearly an hour's drive from here, to do our errands. He has a prescription waiting for him at the Laurel Pharmacy, so that's always the main reason why we have to go so far. As long as we are out, I'll go to the post office to mail a few gifts to the out-of-town family. I'm sure Mark has a few other errands that I can't remember right now. It seems at least once a week we have this errand day. Normally I like days like this. As long as I'm not in a lot of pain, I'm sure it will be fine.

Yesterday I definitely turned the corner in the pain from the Taxol. I can only believe that today will be as good or better than yesterday. This is the last day I'm supposed to take the Celebrex and Claritin, so I'll have to see how it goes tomorrow without those pills. I don't like taking pills, and I'll be happy to drop a few off the daily regimen. I was in my 20s before I even learned how to swallow a pill. Fortunately, I can do it now, but I still don't like it. Tomorrow there will only be Advil to take the edge off the pain. I really cannot imagine it will get so bad that I'll need to ask for narcotics. We'll see.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are better today. Have a good time running errands with your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rhonda,
    I have had an excellent day. Our errands went smoothly, and we had a nice lunch out at Denny's. It's not fancy, but it's one of our favorite places to go for cheap, tasty food. I bet it's cold where you are, too. How are you doing these days? I hope you are well and looking forward to the Christmas holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky,

    I'm glad that you had a nice day with Mark.

    I ate a square of Dove Peppermint Bark. Did you know they have sayings inside they're wrappers? I think this one fit you and Mark today:"Togetherness in itself is a holiday
    treat." :-)

    Hope you have a great day tomorrow.

    Love,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Hope all went well with your errands and you didn't catch a chill. I had to go out to get music for a new student after teaching tonight, then did some other shopping and it was colddddddd! I don't like extreme cold and snow (which is why I left Massachusetts), but I didn't like the extreme heat and air conditioning of Florida when I was in grad school, so this area gets just enough of both for me (not counting last winter). I hope a lot of people find your blog now that you've added to the title. I so admire your complete honesty and willingness to share your journey.

    Love,
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete