Sunday, August 13, 2017

Almost over my caffeine withdrawal!

I was told no coffee, but when I whined a lot, the ENT doctor relented and said one cup in the morning.  I have done that since Friday morning.  I think I'm finally starting to feel less sleepy, but it's only 11:30 in the morning!  I have been drinking only water the rest of the day, so I'm sure that's healthy, albeit boring.

I had a great four and a half hours at the salon on Friday.  She lightened my hair a little more than usual, but she didn't tell me in advance.  LOL!  Oh, that Nicole!  Still, I like it.  I had the coloring, highlights, manicure, and pedicure. After that, I went home and watched the first few episodes of The Crown on Netflix.  Excellent.  Yesterday I watched seven more episodes, so there is only one left for this season.  We also watched a couple of other movies together.  It was definitely a TV, lay around in jimmies, kind of day.  We also started a new book on tape, The Orient Express, in preparation for the new movie version coming out later in the year.

Today we are heading over to Disney Springs to renew our WDW Annual Passes.  Before we leave, we are about to watch Hacksaw Ridge on TV.  Should be excellent.

Tomorrow...ugh, the first of the two root canals.  Oh yay.

I've been a good girl with my meds for my larynx and not singing, although not singing is proving to be harder than I expected.  I have started up three times but caught myself after just a few notes.  I'm also trying to talk less and talk softer.  I don't know if that's helpful, but it can't hurt.

And because we are eating all our meals at home and I'm drinking only water and recording my food, I have lost a few pounds.  This morning I was only 280.4.  I will make an official report Wednesday morning after we go out to dinner with friends at the new STK steakhouse at Disney Springs.  I can't order coffee or alcohol or eat anything hard.  I'm hoping just eating salmon and soft veggies won't do any serious damage to my weight loss. I am crossing my fingers than I can soon be back in the 270s and stay there awhile, never to see the 280s again!

No comments:

Post a Comment