Thursday, August 24, 2017

Root Canal is done at last.

This morning I had the root canal in the other tooth, the molar with an infection in it.  The endodontist, Dr. Kiran, said it was good that I had been on the antibiotics for the last week because it helped the infection.  Also he said the extraction site right next to it was healing nicely and would be okay for him to go ahead and do the root canal.  He did the entire root canal and then put on a permanent filling instead of a temporary one because I told him I was going out of town next week for two weeks.  This way he said I don't have to worry about it falling off or breaking in any way.

He also said that I should wait at least another three weeks or so before going to my regular dentist for the crown to allow the extraction site to heal up completely.  And while it's healing up, he said to stick with liquids and soft foods.  OK.  I see more weight loss coming if I have to do this soft and liquid diet another three weeks.  Not going to be a lot of fun in Maryland!  I have cancelled our eating out on Sunday, and on Monday I will go and eat eggplant parm with linguini, which should be soft enough.

Once I got home, I took two of the Tylenol 3 (with codeine) that I got from the oral surgeon.  They helped because once the novocain wore off a pretty good throbbing started up.  I dozed off for about an hour around 3 p.m.  When I woke up, the throbbing was less, although it still doesn't feel all that great.  Time will heal it up.  I'm okay with sticking to soft food and being careful for another three weeks.  I'm thinking of it as a good opportunity to eat low-cal!




No comments:

Post a Comment