Thursday, August 17, 2017

Root Canal turned into an extraction. OUCH!

So we left at 9 a.m. for my 10 a.m. root canal appointment.  Unfortunately the fracture went down into the root, so I was sent to see the oral surgeon.  The good news was that he was in the same office and available to do it today.  We had to wait awhile, so we didn't get home until 3 p.m.  We had to stop for two prescriptions on the way, an antibiotic and Tylenol with Codeine for pain.

Now I'm on soup, yogurt, apple sauce, and mashed potatoes through Saturday night when I can add other soft, bland food like Ricotta cheese, mac 'n cheese, and pastas though next Thursday.  Then BAM!  Next Thursday is the OTHER root canal.  Or at least the start of the second one...he plans to kill the nerve and put antibiotic in it to kill the infection before continuing with the rest of the root canal a few months down the road.  So much fun.

I have to limit movement through Saturday night and keep a cold compress on my jaw through today and maybe half of tomorrow, 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off.  As soon as I finish this blog, I'm going to get started on that.

So....we cancelled our trip to Charleston for the eclipse.  We kind of talked about that yesterday before even all of this because it sounded like traffic jams would be monumental.  Even getting in to restaurants to eat could be trouble.  Now with all of these restrictions after surgery, I didn't even want to attempt it.  Orlando should have an 80% eclipse, so we'll just go with that.  I actually feel relieved that we are staying home now.

The good news is that my weight loss could be stunning over the next week!  LOL  Let's go with the positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment