Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Feeling pretty good.

I'm planning to go to water aerobics this morning because I'm feeling very much back to normal.

Normal...what really is that?  The new normal?  I feel like I usually do every today, my usual amount of energy.  That's a good thing.  I'm still a little sore in my mouth from the extraction and have a toothache in the infected tooth.  I'm looking forward, if that's possible, to seeing the endodontist again on Thursday to get that one fixed. I'm still on food restrictions from the tooth and drink restrictions from the vocal nodes.  I'm still not allowed to sing and trying (not terribly successfully) to minimize talking.  So that's my current new normal.

It has been nice to get back to some actual food for lunch and dinner, even if it is soft food.  Just when those restrictions will be lifted is when I have the next root canal!  LOL

I am still holding on to all the weight.  I weighed 278.5 again this morning, just like every morning since I reported it last Wednesday morning.  Since then my calories have been the following:
Wed  1482
Thur  795
Fri     1055
Sat     1050
Sun    1250
Mon  1360
Tuesday planned so far  1165

Interestingly, that is an average of 1165 per day.  On anybody's diet plan that would be a low calorie week with an expected good weight loss of about two pounds.  Today is the last day for this week, so I will be reporting in the morning if anything happened.  All week long I have gotten up in the morning and excitedly stepped on the scale, only to be disappointed with seeing the exact same number every day.

Today I am not taking a Prednisone, the steroid for the vocal nodes.  My ten days of those ended with the last pill yesterday morning.  I'm kind of keeping my fingers crossed that going off the steroid will allow my body to release any water that it has been retaining due to the steroid.  Hey, a girl can hope!


No comments:

Post a Comment