Saturday, August 19, 2017

Still resting, reading, and retaining weight.

I gave away all those eclipse glasses yesterday, so all my neighbors can enjoy the event on Monday.  We are all just hoping that afternoon thunderstorms don't ruin the view.  Well, there's always TV.

Tuesday and Wednesday I had about 1400-1500 calories each day when I was still eating actual food. Thursday I consumed 795 calories.  Friday I had 1055.  This morning I weighed 279.5, which is maybe down a bit from yesterday morning but still up almost a full pound from Wednesday's official Weigh-In report of 278.6.

Here's what I ate yesterday:
Breakfast, 250 calories: Ensure Light (80), Lowfat Activa yogurt (90), Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt (80)

Lunch, 180 calories:  Ensure Light (80), Lowfat Activia yogurt (90), Sugar Free Jello (10)

Dinner, 395 calories:  Can of Campbell's Tomato soup (225), individual serving Mott's applesauce (90), Dannon Light Fit Greek Yogurt (80).

Snacks, 230 calories:  Lowfat Activia yogurt (90), Arctic Zero Vanilla Maple ice cream (140)

Today will be virtually identical except I have a different soup to eat at dinner that is a few more calories, bringing today's total calories up to 1090.

I really can only blame this weight gain on such small amounts of calories on one or both of two things. First, I have NO exercise of any kind. I am supposed to take it easy and I have.  I walked to my neighbor's houses to deliver their eclipse glasses, but other than that, there was only walking from one end of the house to the other as necessary.  The second thing is Prednisone.  I'm on 10 mg of that steroid for ten days for the vocal nodes.  Today I am taking the 8th pill.  I know steroids can cause water retention and hunger that causes people to eat more.  I'm definitely not eating more!  So maybe there is just an unusual amount of water retention.  I can only hope that after I take the last Prednisone on Monday morning that I can start to see some weight drop off then.

I know this blog looks like I'm consumed with my weight, and maybe to some extent that is true.  However, keep in mind that this blog was created originally in October of 2009 to be all about my weight loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment