Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Super hot today on tap.

I know everyone thinks central Florida is hot in the summer, and it is, BUT today is going to be worse than usual.  It will actually hit 100 this afternoon in Orlando with a heat index of 105.  That is unusual.  We rarely hit 100, even in the summer.

Just to make it extra fun, we are going to Hollywood Studios today with our friends Ed and Susie.  We have Fastpasses to ride the Great Movie Ride this afternoon for the last time.  It will be closing permanently by the end of the month, maybe the end of the week.  Can't remember when exactly it is closing, but it's very soon.  At Epcot Ellen's Energy Adventure is also closing on the same day.  We rode it for the final time in June with Lowell and Emily.

To make it a Tourist Tuesday on Wednesday (Susie is calling it Wacky Wednesday) we also have Fastpasses for the Pixar Live concert and the Frozen Sing-a-Long Adventure.  Susie and Ed have not done either of those, so it will be fun.  Dinner will be at the ABC Commissary, our favorite, and if we are not completely wiped out from the heat, we plan to go to the late night show, Fantastic, which Mark says is his favorite fireworks show out of all the parks.  We haven't been there in a year or more, so it's time to go again.  On the other hand, if walking between the different pavilions for our Fastpasses wipes us out too much from the heat, we might just bail and go home after dinner.

There will be pictures tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have a super busy day: Mah Jongg from 9:30 to 11; pedicure a11:45 to 12:45; ENT consultation 2:40-??   The ENT appointment is the most important thing tomorrow.  I'll wait until I get back from the doctor to write a blog tomorrow because what he says is going to either be upsetting or heartening.  Because of the chronic hoarseness, I have sent an email to the director of Guys and Dolls telling her that I will not be participating this year.  At the very least, I probably need to go on some vocal rest for awhile.  I feel sort of free now that I've made that decision not to participate in the chorus this season.  My Tuesday evenings are completely open now!

And finally it is Weigh-in Wednesday.  I can't make a report because I didn't get on the scale this morning.  Kind of weird, I know.  I could do it now, but it's nearly three hours since I got up and after I've eaten breakfast.  I wouldn't report that number anyway!  Maybe tomorrow.  Maybe I'll sweat out and walk off five pounds today at the Studios.  LOL!!!  I can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment