Sunday, August 6, 2017

I'm 67 today.

Wow.  Today I am older than I ever thought I would get to be.  Of course, from age 62 onwards, I have been saying that.  Every year, every day is a gift!

Mark started my birthday off with a cup of Disney brand coffee in my special birthday mug that Lowell brought me from Israel in 1997 when he was there for his senior year of high school trip.  We only use it on birthdays!  Very special.

Yesterday we spent all day in the house just relaxing, reading, and watching TV.  It was delightful after what seemed like a super busy week.  Next week will include the root canal and an ENT appointment, so it will also be stressful and busy.  This weekend will be the oasis in the storm.

For my birthday today, Mark is taking me to see War for the Planet of the Apes, which was sold out last week when we tried.  Today we got the tickets in advance, for free, with our special coupon/gift card from Red Robin.  Then we are going to Epcot to ride Soarin', my favorite ride, and also my second favorite ride, Living with the Land.  At 6:30 we have a very special dinner reservation at Monsieur Paul, the swanky (meaning expensive) French restaurant upstairs in France in World Showcase of Epcot.  There will be pictures tomorrow for sure!  We have never been there, so it's going to be very special.

It also means there is only one big sit-down restaurant in World Showcase that we have not done.  That is Teppan Edo, an hibachi style place in Japan that Mark has had no interest in trying.  I have not gotten the fish and chips from the walk up kiosk in the UK area yet, although I want to. Mark did it on one of his solo trips once and said it was great.  We also have not gone to the tapas bar in Italy yet, although it's not really a sit-down or quick service style restaurant. It's a bar!  Anyway, I fully intend to get to all three of those eventually and be able to say we have eaten EVERYWHERE in the WORLD!  Well, World Showcase anyway.  LOL

Because my tooth hurts when I eat foods that are too hard, I had to eat soft foods and liquids all day yesterday.  I could not finish my steak salad dinner Friday night, which was a huge bummer.  It was delicious, but I just could not chew it.  I have no molars on the lower left side, so that means I can only chew on the right side.  Unfortunately, the top right molar in the back has a crack in it causing pain.  UGH.  So I was trying to chew up steak and crunchy salad veggies with my front teeth.  It does not work.  I gave up.

My reward for that is a two pound drop in weight!  I was only 284.5, a nice two pound loss since Friday morning.  I don't get the root canal until Tuesday, so I still have to eat soft food and be careful for a few more days.  I think there is a soup and a fish at Monsieur Paul for dinner tonight.  That should work.

Here's a picture of my morning coffee mug.  More birthday pictures will appear tomorrow evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment