Friday, August 4, 2017

Both cars are in shape at last.

Mark's car got an oil change, a check up, and a ball bearing replaced on the serpentine belt, which took care of the whining noise.  All good.

We had a great meeting at NARFE yesterday where Mark was the featured speaker.  He did a great job.

We also signed the papers to change my checking account to a senior citizens checking account.  It will now have no interest, but I was only making about 25 cents or less a  year.  It also comes with 120 free checks, which should last awhile, and no fees.  The problem with my other one was that for some reason after 15 years of having this account, it now had a $30 a MONTH maintenance fee on it.  As soon as I saw that on the statement, I called and complained.  They removed it and changed the account to the senior citizen type without changing my account number.  Very nice.  That all happened out in CA, so yesterday was the first chance we had to make it official by going in to the bank to sign the paperwork.  Even the bank official could not explain the change.  Apparently, my type of checking account has always required either a mortgage or a high balance in the accounts, neither of which I ever had with BB&T.  Weird.

Today I am going to do water aerobics for the first time in a month or more.  Should not be easy!  Then I'm going to the house of a synagogue member who has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  She had a double mastectomy a week ago and wants me to come to her house to talk about my experience.  She only lives 15 minutes from our house, so it's easy to do.  I hope I can be of some help.


No comments:

Post a Comment