Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Quick Weigh-in Wednesday Report

After averaging about 1100 calories each day of the last week, I dropped 1.8 pounds, weighing in at 276.7.

I have to accept that, but deep inside I admit to being disappointed it wasn't more.  Sigh.

I know from decades of losing and gaining weight that there can be weeks when the calories and exercise are perfect, even better than usual, and only one pound will be lost.  Then the next week, which might be good for dieting but perhaps not as good as the previous week, will show a three to four pound loss.  Overall, when looking back on the months of loss, an average of two pounds per week will show, but two pounds each week is not what actually happens.  So, this is nearly two pounds, the previous two weeks showed a SEVEN pound loss, and for a three week period, I can report a loss of 8.8, nearly nine pounds in three weeks.  THAT IS AMAZING!  So NO whining, Beck.  This is all good!

Today begins a new week.  Due to the restrictions placed on me from the various little health issues and staying home to eat every meal, I have been in strict control and feeling okay about it. I have had some cravings, some moments of restlessly moving around the kitchen opening cupboards and the fridge, staring at food, thinking about snacking when I had no reason to do so.  This is very common for me, but what is not common is that I did not give in to those urges.  Not even once.  Yay for me on that one.

So, this upcoming week will present a little more challenge.  I will be eating dinner out twice, Sunday night and Monday night.  I could cancel the Sunday one because it only involves me and Mark, but Monday is with two other couples.  Can't cancel that one.  My no coffee, no tea, no alcohol restrictions are still in play, so that will help keep the calories down; however, I think any restrictions on food due to the teeth problems will be lifted.  Hm....any regular reader of this blog knows that restaurants are difficult for me.  We will just have to wait and see how it goes.

Then next Wednesday I will report my weight and then take off for the auto train to stay two weeks with my sister.  We have lots of meals out or dinner parties in people's houses planned plus the wedding that we are going up to attend.  Those two weeks could easily undo the work I've just done if I'm not careful.  Again, we will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment