Saturday, October 28, 2017

A week that felt like work.

Mark and I are glad last week is over.  Every morning we had to rush out for dentist, doctors, or appointments, often as early as 8 a.m.  Hey, we thought we were retired!  The treadmill continued all day every day until I collapsed into bed at 11 p.m.  Next week has a morning activity every day, after all there is water aerobics at 10:30 every day when there is nothing else, but all of them are a lot later than leaving at 8!

The concert last night was spectacular.  We saw a lot of our friends there in the full house, and everyone left thinking it was possibly the very best show we had attended in Solivita.  The Shabbat dinner last night was also a hit.  My pumpkin muffins came out perfectly, and we had a wonderful time just talking and catching up with Susie and Ed.

Today we are heading to the synagogue for Mark to read Haftarah. Then we will head up to Sea World for lunch and Halloween fun.  Some rain is called for around 5 p.m., but you never know if it will hit on Sea World or not.  In any case, we will be home for dinner for sure.

Although my blood sugar was back in the normal range this morning at 96, and my calories and carbs yesterday were excellent at 1337 calories and 174 carbs, my weight is actually up two pounds since Wednesday.  Maybe it's the prednisone kicking in now?  I really don't know.  I walked once around the Glendora/Shorehaven pond yesterday.  It took 17 minutes, and I did not sit down on a bench on the way.  That is the most walking I have done since I went to the ER, so I was feeling good about that.  I also did my morning and evening back exercises.  I have to hope it's the drug bringing on some water retention.  Since we are eating lunch at Sea World today, I will not be able to control the sodium, calories, or carbs as well as at home.  I can only try to make good choices and hope that all the walking will help.

Here's a picture of my muffins and the group Monday, Monday.






No comments:

Post a Comment