Sunday, October 22, 2017

Blade Runner

Today we are going to go to AMC Disney Springs to see the new Blade Runner movie.  That will be the longest walk I have done in over two weeks, so I'm very interested in seeing how it goes.  To prepare for it, we watched the original one from 1982 last night.  I thought it was interesting that the original one was taking place in 2019.  HAHA!  In 1982, I guess that seemed far enough away that all those crazy innovations could actually have taken place.  Now it is less than a year and a half away, and it seemed funny to me last night.

This morning I am at 262.3, essentially the same as yesterday.  I got up a little bit stiff and with slight pain in the hip, but I'm really not bad.  In fact, the whole day yesterday was shockingly good.  I think the heavy prednisone doses, the exercises, and the nighttime pain pill and muscle relaxer has been like a miracle.  Now I'm just sorry that I didn't go to the orthopedist a week ago, like everybody advised me to do!  I could have saved myself a week of pain.  Sigh.  Well, it's better now, and I'm very excited.

I also didn't test my blood sugar first thing this morning.  I was going to skip it, so I sat on the lanai and watched last week's Survivor on my laptop.  I didn't eat anything, so when it was over at 9 a.m., I decided to test.  I thought it might be high because of waiting the extra 90 minutes, but I got an 89.  Perfect.  NOT being a diabetic makes me VERY HAPPY!

I did have a new wrinkle going on Wednesday, Thursday, and twice during Friday night.  For years, I have had to get up to go to the bathroom once or even up to three times during the night.  It happens more frequently when I'm trying to lose weight since that's how the weight gets lost.  Since I started under the ENT's orders to help my vocal nodes, I have been drinking even more water than ever.  One day I actually drank 14 glasses of water.  Since I can't drink anything else and since I'm supposed to keep my throat well-hydrated, I just drink non-stop.  So....I'm up peeing three times a night and peeing a LOT.

Sadly, the three nights just mentioned I did not make it to the toilet.  I could not hold the urine, and I just basically peed all across the tile floor in the bathroom to the toilet room.  I did it once Wednesday night and once Thursday night, but Friday night I did it twice, at both the 2:30 and the 4:30 runs.  Let me tell you, mopping up the floor twice in the middle of the night is not fun.

So yesterday I researched nighttime incontinence.  I learned two helpful things.  One is that online I could actually order a night time adult diaper big enough to fit me.  Two is that I should try drinking less after dinner.  That's what I did last night.  Starting after dinner, which admittedly was late last night, I did not drink any thing else except a few ounces at 11 pm to take my pills.  And I'm happy to report that I still got up at 2:30 and 4:30, but I did NOT pee on the floor. YAY!  I could tell that there was far less urine in the bladder both of those times than there had been the days before.  Maybe that is the answer.  I'm going to try again tonight to stop drinking anything by 8 pm.

Or it could have been that special magic that means if you carry an umbrella it is guaranteed NOT to rain.  Last night I laid out beach towels on the tile floor so that if I couldn't make it to the bathroom, at least the towels would be down to soak it up.  And then I didn't need them.  See how that works?  LOL!!  I'll probably put them down again tonight just to be sure.  LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment