Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Kind of a bad day walking yesterday.

By the end of the day yesterday I could barely stand up and walk.  I noticed as I walked past the mirror that I was very bent over.  It really hurt.  Around 10 p.m. I finally broke down and took a Tramadol for pain.  At least I did sleep pretty well.

This morning I got out of bed and was able to stand up straighter than I did at all yesterday.  Maybe it was the good night's sleep or maybe it was laying in the bed, but I definitely did not hurt as much when I got up this morning.

I'll do water aerobics again today and see how it goes.  I have a 3 p.m. Cove Singers rehearsal for two hours and then we are going to the Travel Club meeting at 6:30 to sign up for some trips.  I just hope I can get through the whole day in less pain than yesterday.

I might have done too much yesterday because I did drive the car up to the doctor and back, about an hour and 15 minutes, without getting out of the car. I waited in the car while Mark took the paper work ih to drop it off. Then I went to Publix and shopped with Mark. In fact, when we were in the store, I commented to Mark that it was the most walking I had done in a week since I left the hospital.  It might have been too much too soon because after we got home was when I noticed how much pain I was having and how bent over I was walking.

I have a lot of pain pills, so if I need to take one each evening, I'll just do it.  I also have the entire bottle of Flexeril, a muscle relaxer, which I haven't even started yet.  Mostly I have been afraid to do them since they don't mix well with Tramadol.  Two pharmacists said that it's probably okay since the doses are low, but I figured why take the risk if I don't have to.

Yesterday I ate 1162 calories with only 89 carbs.  My blood sugar reading this morning was 100.  Reasonable, but still it doesn't ever seemed tied to the total carbs or calories eaten the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment