Tuesday, October 24, 2017

More weight is gone. Stunning.

Everything seems to be going so perfectly in my weight, blood sugars, and pain levels.  It makes me kind of feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Ever since the Saturday in the ER, my blood sugars have been normal. This morning was no exception with a reading of 90.  Yesterday I ate 1317 calories with 112 carbs.  The exercise routine and prednisone, which I started Friday afternoon after seeing the orthopedist has made me feel more flexible, stronger, and virtually pain free.  And the best news of all is the weight.  This morning I weighed 259.6.  YES!  That's right! I dropped out of the sixties and down into the fifties. Just a little bit down in there, but it's the first time I have seen a number with a five in the middle in about three years!  Now to use all of this as the perfect motivation to continue.

As far as my mini-goals go, I quickly hit the 265, what I weighed when we came back from our South Dakota trip in August of 2014.  Now I'm almost at the 255 mark, which is the weight I was at Lowell and Emily's wedding in July of 2014.  That was the last time I was in the 250s.  Once I went in to the 260s on our South Dakota trip, I never did anything but go up and yo-yo in the 270s and higher for a few years.  Wow.  What a difference!  I do, indeed, feel much better.  When we moved to Florida after chemo in Feb. of 2011, I weighed 250.  I'm getting so close to that mark next.  Then I want to hit 245, what I weighed at Evey's wedding in September of 2011.  If I get there in the next few months, I'll be ecstatic, and then I'll set some more goals!

The hard part is to stay here and go down further.  I have been lucky because there have been only a few times when I ate out in the last few weeks, mostly because of my back.  Starting tomorrow I am facing five meals either out or in at a dinner party in the next seven days.  It is almost impossible to lose weight when eating out, and I say that from LOTS of experience.  Even if you order very low calorie meals, there is almost always hidden calories in unknown oils or fats added plus far more sodium than I ever use at home.  In fact, just staying the same for the week will be a challenge!

Here are my upcoming challenges:
Oct. 25, Tomorrow, lunch at Denny's in Sun City Center as Mark speaks to their NARFE meeting.
Oct. 26, Thursday, dinner out at Lakeside with Barb and Ed W.
Oct. 27, Friday, big Shabbat dinner at home with Susie ad Ed G. after a concert in the ballroom.
Oct. 29, Sunday, lunch at Thai Blossom in Winter Garden with Goldbergs an Flechners before seeing the Odd Couple at The Garden Theater.
Oct. 31, Tuesday, big dinner at the ballroom for the Monster Ball, table of five couples, each bringing fabulous foods to share.  We are providing the entree: homemade deviled eggs and pizzas from the Bistro.  Way too much food will sit in front of me for hours.  THIS is going to be my single BIGGEST CHALLENGE.

So that takes me through the next weigh-in period.  And the week after that is just as bad.  This is how life usually looks for us here in Florida!  It's been a hidden blessing that because my back went out and we didn't go on the cruise that we also had no plans!  We stayed home more and ate all of our meals in the house where I can keep good control.  And look how well that works!  Tomorrow I'll make the official report, and I hope I am at least at this same weight tomorrow, but as of today, I have lost about 8 pounds in two weeks.  It's stunning!

Today will be another great day.  I have a mani/pedi at Nature Hair at 10.  I'm eating a packed lunch afterwards, doing my 40 minute water aerobics routine, leading the Cove Singers rehearsal from 3-5 p.m., and having a lovely evening of reading and TV at home.  As you can see from the challenges listed above, there will not be too many days like this in the next week.  I really must rise to the challenge and make good choices in those situations.  I'll be very unhappy next week if I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment