Friday, October 13, 2017

Learning to Cope

I am up a pound today for some reason, but my blood sugar was 79 after eating 139 carbs yesterday.  I have no idea why I got high sugars for two months or why I'm suddenly getting normal readings, in fact lower than I got for years from Quest, for the last six days.  I should not complain.

Back is the same.  Tolerable pain when on the meds.  First thing in the morning is the worst because all the meds have worn off, and I don't take anything else until about an hour after I get up when I take the NSAID at 8 a.m..  Then three hours after I get up, at 10 a.m., I take the pain pill and the muscle relaxer.  About 10:30 or so, I'm feeling relief.

Relief means I walk with less pain.  I'm never pain free or standing entirely up straight, and I can only go a little ways before needing to sit down. It's not optimum yet.

I'm heading over to water aerobics this morning in the hopes that it helps.  I'm sure it doesn't hurt!

Today is Simchat Torah, but we are not going to services.  It's not as much fun as it was in Maryland, plus I can't stand up or carry a Torah or dance.  No fun for me at all.  Water aerobics in the morning will be more beneficial today.




No comments:

Post a Comment