Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Another morning of good news/bad news

Let's start with the good news.  I did FOUR activities yesterday!  I went to water aerobics at the Cove in the morning and managed to do it stronger and harder than any day since my back went out. Very good news.  Then we ran home, scarfed down lunch, and made it to a 1 p.m. Art Lecture in the Ballroom.  It was extremely interesting and entertaining.  We left about 10 minutes early from that in order to run back to the Cove for a two hour rehearsal with the Cove Singers.  I was still feeling very well!  It was a great rehearsal, and I even stood up for a good bit of it and even sang a little, although I probably should not have done that. LOL  When it was over at 5 p.m., we ran home where I read a few pages of Hamilton on the lanai while eating a plum and some decaf coffee before heading back up to the Ballroom for the Travel Club meeting.  We signed up and paid for an overnight trip to Fort Myers in April to go on the Mystery Train and the Edison and Ford Estates.  Susie and Ed are going, too.  We also paid for a trip in March to the Dali Museum in Tampa and a boat tour of the harbor of the Tampa along with a bus tour of Tampa.  Travel club activities are just so easy to do!  Everything is taken care of.

The other good news is that I finally dropped a little weight.  I've essentially stayed the same for three weeks, but this morning I hit 266, a drop of 1.4 pounds this week.  I'm pretty happy about that.

I keep having little milestones to hit. The first was 273, the weight I was when we left for Aulani in 2015.  The next one is 265, the weight I was when we came back from South Dakota in the summer of 2014.  I'm only one pound away from that, so that's exciting.  The next milestone is ten more pounds down, 255, the weight I was at Lowell's wedding in 2014.  I feel confident I can reach both of those numbers within the next two months.  Slow and steady is how it's going.  I'm okay with that.  I have now lost THIRTY pounds since March 14 when we came back from the cruise on the Eclipse.  That's impressive!

Now for the bad news.  I woke up in a lot of pain this morning.  This was depressing because yesterday I woke up feeling pretty close to normal with just a minimum amount of pain.  It might have been overdoing it yesterday, but I did take the pain pill at bedtime like I did the day before, and yet I had a bad night and woke up in terrible pain.  So at breakfast I took another pain pill along with the anti-inflammatory.  Now an hour later, the pain has definitely lessened.  These pills work!

The other bad news is that even though I ate only 1382 calories yesterday with 93 carbs, my blood sugar was 104.  I would claim it was pain except that for the week that my back was its worst, my blood sugars were all under 100.  As I have said before, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to my sugar readings.  All I can do is keep eating right, exercising as I'm able, and keep testing.  Losing more weight is going to be the answer to all of my problems, I think.

And the third bit of bad news is that I seem to be developing a stye in my right eye.  Just what I don't need.  I don't ever remember having a stye, but there's a red bump in the inner corner of my right eye.  I noticed it around 4:30 this morning when I got up to go to the bathroom and rub my eye.  I felt a lump there.  This morning I looked in the mirror, and sure enough.  There's a red lump.  I hope it doesn't get too big.  I don't even know what I should do about it, but I'm going to do what all modern people do, Google It!

No comments:

Post a Comment