Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Trying the pool today.

Let me start with blood sugar readings.  I have had three normal readings in a row: 96, 88, 86.

Those are the first normal readings that I've gotten since August 29 when I started testing regularly.  The first two I explained by eating under 100 carbs a day and having a small 10 carb snack at 10 p.m. with my bedtime muscle relaxer.

HOWEVER, this morning there is NO reason why I should have had the lowest reading yet because we went out to dinner and I binged.  The whole dinner was nothing but carbs, which I ended with five chocolate chip cookies and a bowl of fresh papaya.  When I got home, I ate the last black and white cookie at 11 p.m. for a bedtime snack with my last pill.  Ridiculous.  I have estimated that I probably ate well over THREE HUNDRED carbs for the day yesterday.  And still got my lowest reading.

No answers for why on that.

And despite the fact that I must have eaten nearly 3,000 calories yesterday, I also did not gain any weight this morning.  Still at 267.4.  Some times there is just no explanation for what my body is doing.  LOL!

I went to my family doctor's office yesterday for my follow-up from the ER visit.  My regular doctor was not there because her son got married over the weekend, so she was out of town.  We saw her partner, Dr. Weinberger, who actually wished us a L'shana Tovah.  Cute.

I was not overly impressed with him, so I'm glad we chose the lady doctor to be our regular doctor instead.  He mumbled a lot, causing us to ask him to repeat himself several times.

He disagreed with the ER doctor.  So he does not recommend any PT, no MRI, no reason to see an orthopedist unless I want surgery.  Evey disagreed with all of that.

The good thing is that he did call in prescriptions to extend the pain pill and muscle relaxers beyond Wednesday, and he also called in an NSAID more powerful than Advil.  I'll pick them up later today.

He said swimming or water aerobics was a good idea, so I'll be off to do that at 10:30 this morning. I'm very curious to see how that goes.

He said lose weight.  DUH.  I know that, but not just overweight people get stenosis and arthritis in the back.  I have suddenly been talking to lots of people who have it.  All of them are normal weight. Still, I am obviously trying to lose weight because I agree that will help.

I have an appointment with our regular doctor at the end of October for a check up and pap smear, so I can get re-evaluated by her at that time.  I have not ruled out going to an orthopedist.  I have the name of an excellent one in Celebration to see.

I talked to Dr. Weinberger about the pain in my shoulder.  He was unconcerned and recommended nothing for it. Geez.  It has been hurting since mid-July, and he had nothing to say except that I wasn't pointing to a joint in the shoulder, so it's not arthritis.  Fine.  But what is it?  If I end up going to an orthopedist anyway, then maybe he can help me figure that out.

I also have a friend who is recently retired from being a PT Assistant, and she's a yoga instructor.  She is going to start giving me and my friend Judi special, personal yoga instruction to help us strengthen our core and back muscles, which I'm sure will help a lot.  She was quite excited to do this for us.

At 3 p.m. I'm going to lead a Cove Singers rehearsal, so we'll see how that goes.  I can sit on a stool while I direct, but it will be two hours of some movement and time on my feet.  Today will involve the most activity I've done yet, so I'll see how that goes.

Learning to live with a new condition that I did not know I had is quite an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment