Monday, October 23, 2017

Tooth Crown

Finally, I am going to the dentist this morning to get my actual crown.  I've had the temporary one on for over a month, which I did on purpose thinking that I would be on a  cruise through yesterday.  HAHA!  Didn't go as planned, but I'm still happy to get my real crown today so there will be no more worries about accidentally eating something too crunchy or too sticky.

My exercise and pill routine prescribed by the orthopedist are still working great.  As soon as I finish this blog, I'm going to go do my morning routine.  Yesterday I had no trouble walking from the car to the movie theater, which was great.  We had not been to anything Disney related since my trip to the ER.  It felt great to go to Disney and walk in to the movie theater.  It felt like I could have my old life back.

My morning blood sugar readings are still great.  I got an 87 this morning on 80 carbs, 1419 calories. My weight is staying constant at 262.4.  If I am still that weight on Wednesday, it will mean a loss for the week, but the weight popped off on the first day of the week and then stayed the same the rest of the the time. If I only got on the scale once a week, I would not know that it went that way, but I've gotten on the scale every day for years and years.   I've seen it do this before, so it's okay.  It's going to be a nice loss of nearly four pounds if nothing changes by Wednesday morning. I'll take that EVERY WEEK if can!

As for the Blade Runner sequel, it was nearly three hours long.  It started off very slow and plodding, just like all of the original one seemed to be; however, the sequel picked up in the second half and turned out to be a good mystery.  Harrison Ford had a bigger role than I expected, so in general both Mark and I liked it better than the original.  Still, at the end I thought there were some big plot holes that we could not explain.  So I'd give it a mixed review.

No comments:

Post a Comment