Monday, October 30, 2017

Wrong Direction and Morning Pain

I am up 6.2 pounds this morning.  It has been a bad week.  I have undone almost all the weight loss of the previous week.  I also woke up with the pain behind the right hip, which I now know is pressure on a nerve and muscle from the spinal stenosis.  I wonder if these pounds are exactly the ones that put that pressure on.   I do not feel anywhere near as good as I did since I started the exercises.  I'm also out of prednisone, having taken the last one last Wednesday.  Two people told me that the effects can last for months, but I'm worried that it is not working like that for me.

And the worst news of all is that I went out of control yesterday and started binge-eating, something I have not done for quite awhile.  We had our lunch at the Thai Blossom, and I did what I said I would. I skipped the spring rolls and shared the one serving of rice with Mark.  Sadly, I slept through almost all of the first act of The Odd Couple.  Since I can't get coffee, I got a bottle of water and a bag of M&Ms at intermission.  The intent was to share and save most of them.  I did give Susie a handful and then ate just a few, but halfway through the second act, I finished the bag.  The good news is I stayed wide awake through the whole second act. It would have been healthier to have gotten coffee.

Then when I got home, I guess that eating the M&Ms set me off for the rest of the day.  I proceeded to finish the raisin challah from Friday night, about 4-5 ounces of bread, before dinner.  I ate the good dinner Mark prepared, but then I ate a pumpkin muffin from Friday night.  By then I was in full-on binge mode.  I ate four Apple Pie Oreos, 8 Salted Caramel Oreo thins, 8 Lemon Oreo thins, and a bunch of candy from the SeaWorld candy bag: an Airhead, two little boxes of Junior Mints, a Smarties, a fruit roll up, a little bag of Skittles, and a bag of Welch's fruit chews.  Obviously, I stopped logging things in to Lose It!, but before I stopped, I had already logged in 2400 calories and over 200 carbs.  Ridiculous.  I'm not surprised to be up more weight this morning.

Fortunately, after all that, my blood sugar this morning was only 108, not normal but far better than I anticipated after such a horrible night.

This morning I have been up for over two hours and yet still not hungry!  HAHA!  Still too much food and sugar in my system, I guess.  I know it's a bad idea, but I'm skipping breakfast.  I had my one cup of black coffee, and now I'm drinking water.  In half an hour or so, I'l be heading to Barb W.'s house to play Mah Jongg.  After that, I'll have lunch at home before Mark and I head out to do a lot of errands.

Our first errand is to go to Dr. Dunn's office to drop off Mark's two years of his records for them to file.  Hopefully, Dr. Weinberger also has the insurance form finished for us.  Then we are driving to the Kissimmee Ford dealer to drop off my C-Max.  It needs an oil change, a recall fixed, and something done to fix our starter fobs because the car doesn't always recognize them.  It might be a simple battery change, but we will let them figure that out.  The Low Tire Pressure light came on Friday, so I'm concerned about that since the tires are all relatively new.  Mark will fill them this morning, but I hope I don't need new tires again.

A run to BJs to stock up on paper products and a run to Winn Dixie for kosher meat will round out our day of errands.  My hip is still hurting, so I suspect all these errands are going to be a little difficult, and I'll definitely use the handicap tag where I can.  I might have overdone it Saturday and Sunday.  I definitely overate.  Today I must have a good day because Tuesday and Wednesday night are big dinners out again followed by lunch out on Thursday and Sunday and another dinner out next Monday.  Our Florida life has returned and so has the weight.  I have got to figure this out, or before I know it the 30 pounds gone will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment