Sunday, October 29, 2017

Up some more

We walked over four miles at SeaWorld and had a blast yesterday.  The trick-or-treat trail wasn't just for kids, so we both came home with a bag of candy.  The decorations were very cute, too.  At the end of the day, my hips and back were hurting a bit, but I only sat down two times during the entire walking around in the afternoon, not counting sitting at lunch and in the theater.  That was better than I have done for years.

Unfortunately, our free pass holder lunch meal was a poor choice for both of us.  We went to the Antarctica Expedition Cafe because we had seen before that it had a Gardein (veggie chicken strips) Chinese meal. Sadly, like the veggie chili at the other place, it is now off the menu.  There is a Garden Cannelloni meal, so that's what we got.  For our side we ordered the Broccoli Florentine.  First of all, the cannelloni was huge!  Each of us got a tin foil pan with four pieces of cannelloni stuffed with a spinach cheese filling and covered in a thick layer of a blend of other cheeses with marinara sauce topping it all off. It was a pan easily big enough for two people.  It was delicious but too much. The broccoli wasn't ready, so they said come back for it.  When Mark came back with it, we were both gasping.  Each was in a tin foil pan the same size as the cannelloni.  There was over two cups of broccoli in each pan easily and it was solidly covered in a thick layer of melted cheese.  Everything was declicious, but it was high carb, high calorie, high fat.  It's hard to estimate something like that, but I tried.  It was easily about 1100 calories and around 77 carbs.  Neither of us could finish the pan of broccoli.  We felt sluggish and overstuffed the rest of the day.  In fact, eventually Mark had one of his heart episodes where he could barely walk, so we had to sit down for him to rest awhile.  Ridiculous.  We will never order that again unless we get only one and share it.

Consequently, I skipped most of dinner and ate only a tossed salad with some grated Parmesan cheese on it around 9 p.m.  At 10 p.m I ate two sugar free Popsicles.  With my best guess of the calories and carbs for the lunch, I think my day came to 1600 calories and 144 carbs.  We both checked our sugar when we got home, which was about four and a half hours after we ate the lunch.  I was 120, which wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  This morning the fasting blood was 104.

Sadly, I am up another pound today to 262.4, a total gain of 3.6 pounds since Wednesday.  This is not the way I want to be going, but it happens when you eat big meals out every day.

Today we are picking up friends Hedy and Harvey and joining Susie and Ed at the Thai Blossom restaurant in Winter Garden before we see the female version of The Odd Couple at the Garden Theater.  I will not order my usual spring rolls there today, but I'll be having a type of tofu blend with veggies over rice.  I have no idea how to count that either.  Breakfast was my usual and dinner is going to be a low calorie frozen dinner.  I'm hoping I can stay the same or lose a little by tomorrow. Who knows!

Here are a few pictures from yesterday.














No comments:

Post a Comment