Sunday, January 9, 2011

Finding control

I stayed on my food plan for two days now. I have dropped a few pounds without even exercising. Of course, that will not continue. When you put on a lot of weight fairly quickly, it's easy to drop some of it just as fast. It's just water. There will come a time when it's actually fat that has to be lost. That takes a lot more effort. Still, I'm pleased that I feel more in control of my eating. It's been a long time since I had that feeling.

Mark took off early this morning to go to our friend Saul's house for an early morning minyan and traditional walk around the block to end the shiva period. I probably should have gone, too, but I couldn't get myself up. I also knew that I couldn't walk around that big block. His house is on a really big block that also includes a big hill. I don't have the strength for that yet. It's also freezing cold! I hope Mark dressed warmly. I didn't even see him before he left.

He did leave me a nice hot pot of decaf coffee and three low-carb pancakes on a plate. Hey, it's pancake Sunday! I ate them with four veggie sausage links and an Acitivia yogurt, for a total of 430 calories. Yum. I had three cups of coffee as I leisurely read my sister's NY Times. Now I'm watching a romantic chick flick on TBS, The Prince and Me. It's pretty fun, and not at all something Mark would want to watch!!

Last night we watched the original True Grit with John Wayne. I know I saw it when it came out, but I did not remember any of it. When we went to the new one with Kevin Bridges, I enjoyed it very much. It was quite entertaining to see how close the remake was to the original. Now I'm interested in reading the book some day. It's not available for Kindle, so I think I'll wait until we are in Florida. I'll get a library card and check out that book first.

I'll be going out to lunch on Monday, but other than that, I have no reason not to be able to control my calories until I weigh in again Tuesday morning. I am going to try my best to stay on track. I'd love to report a nice loss on Tuesday instead of yet another gain. There are so many benefits, both physical and mental, to losing the weight again and returning to around 210 or less. I want to stay in control again; I really do. I have only one more chemo session to get through. I don't anticipate any surprises there, and we will be driving out of Baltimore in just 18 days. It's almost unbelievable.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad for you that you are coming up on your last chemo treatment. What a wonderful day. I hope that it will be so good for you to get back to your dream home in Florida. Have a good time at lunch Monday and a good day today. I hope and pray that you are over the worst of things and ready for some very good times in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin Bridges? I think you mean Jeff Bridges, who played Kevin Flynn in the Tron films, but that's another story.

    ReplyDelete