Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sniffing

My nose is running so much this morning. UGH. I don't know if it's the same cold still here or a new cold trying to get started.

I went to the podiatrist yesterday for the last time. He cut my toenails, but by the next time they need to be cut, I'll be off chemo! That means I can find a salon in Florida and have a real pedicure again. That will be nice. I'd like to see them polished again. It wouldn't be bad to see my nails polished again either.

After the podiatry appointment, we met Suzie and Evelyn at TJ's for lunch. That was also a lot of fun. I had not seen either of them for a very long time, so we had lots to catch up on. Actually, Evelyn is one of my followers and loyal readers on this blog, so she pretty much knew everything I was doing! LOL They both also looked beautiful! Evelyn had just had her hair done and was wearing perfect makeup. She looked gorgeous. Suzie always has beautiful nails. This time she had cute snowmen painted on them. I miss having nice nails and makeup and HAIR!! Someday those will all come back again, I know, but I still miss them. I guess I could put some make up on, but I just haven't felt like gussying up these days.

The menu at TJ's is really a good one for those who don't want to eat meat. Mark had a grilled salmon with salad and baked potato. He said it was delicious. I must admit that I did not make a wise choice. I should have had a salmon salad or maybe what Mark got. Instead I got a fried fish sandwich with cole slaw, fries, and key lime pie. It was delicious, but loaded with fat and calories. Then for dinner we had the leftover fried chicken, buffalo wings, cole slaw, and waffles. I bet I had 4,000 calories yesterday.

After dinner we went back to Saul's house for another shiva. There were far less people there this time. It's sort of typical for more people to show up at the first couple of shiva minyans and then the crowd drops off. For that very reason we decided to go last night. It was nicer for us since we were able to have time to have conversations with people and actually get a book for the service. Unfortunately, it also meant I could make it to the food table where I ate two fancy cookies and two fudgey candies. I also ate a clementine. I guess I should have stuck with the clementine. OY! More calories.

Today I am going to do some paperwork chores. I have to catch up on filing Blue Cross/Blue Shield EOB forms into my notebook. I'm also behind on logging in how the seventh chemo session went. I will be mailing out hospital bills to my special cancer insurance company, too. I also need to find new doctors in Florida and call to set up appointments for the first week of February. It's especially important that I get a radiation oncology appointment. I'm going to be starting the radiation about three weeks later than I should because of the cruise. I don't want it to put off any longer than that. Later today we plan to play tourist in this area and go to a museum called the Evergreen. It's in a big mansion up on the campus of Loyola College. That means it's about a three minute drive from here! I'll let you know what's in there tomorrow.

Lowell is expected here tonight for plenty of episodes of How I Met Your Mother. We are on season five, which is the last bunch of DVDs that he has. Season six is actually on TV right now. Once I finish season five on DVD with Lowell, which we are on track to finish before we leave the area, I'm hoping I can watch some of season six online.

I really didn't have any significant aches and pains yesterday. I also woke up this morning without any pain either. I'm probably finished with that now until the next session. YAY!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a fun day yesterday and will have fun later today when you get done with the paperwork. I am so glad that you don't have pain today. That is wonderful. I think that you should concentrate on getting done with your chemo before you concentrate on your calories. It will be easier to attack your calories when you don't have chemo to think about anymore I bet. I went to the eye doctor today and so I am just getting to the place where I can see good enough to be able to type something and know what I am saying. Have a good night tonight. Next Wednesday will be here before you know it and after you are done with chemo next Wednesday it will be time for you and your family to celebrate in a big way.

    ReplyDelete