Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Yesterday was SLOW.

Yesterday morning, I woke up at 8 a.m., by 12:30 p.m. I had my Flagyl prescription and took the first pill, then I went back to bed. I could NOT wake up yesterday. I'm not sure why, but I was just sleepy all day. I set my alarm for 3 p.m. because I needed time to shower and dress and get my act together before Lowell came over. That worked.

Lowell came on time at 5 p.m. He brought two pieces of mail for me. YAY! One envelope contained the medical cards for our new CIGNA health care plan. Since I have to go to the cancer center next Tuesday, I was relieved to have the card.

We watched three episodes of How I Met Your Mother, then we had the wonderful waffles and wings dinner with cole slaw. Yum. At 7 p.m. we were on the road to Silver Spring and the shiva at Saul and Phyllis' house. It was PACKED in there, which we knew it would be. Many of our friends who were there had not seen Lowell in a long time, so they appreciated getting to say "Hi" to him. I was glad we went, but it was so crowded there was no room to turn around. That's a good thing. It says a lot about how much the Oresky family is loved.

As the evening wore on, my joint/muscle pain increased. It was pretty intense by midnight, so I eventually took 2 oxycodone again. After that, I did sleep straight from 12:30 to 4:30 when the alarm went off for the Flagyl. I took the pill and fell right back to sleep until 8 a.m. I hope I can stay awake better today than yesterday because I have a lot to do today! So far I do feel more alert.

I have an 11:20 a.m. appointment with the podiatrist. This will be the third and last time I have to go to the podiatrist to have my toe nails trimmed. I'll be off chemo and back in Florida the next time it needs to be done. As far as I know, I can go back to a salon for a pedicure then. Whoee! That will be fun!

After the podiatrist, I'm meeting Suzie and Evelyn at TJ's in Beltsville for a lovely lunch. These two ladies are singers with CMC and also sang for me in the Mishkan Torah choir. I have not seen either of them in a very long time, so I'm looking forward to this luncheon today.

It's going to be cold out there, but I'm very excited about today's plans. I hope everyone else has a great day, too.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are on Flagyl again and got some pain relief from the oxycodone last night. I hope that you have a good time with your friends at lunch today. Have a good day. I am off to chemo and to see if it was helpful for me to track my food this last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the chemo. What drugs are you on now and how long does it take to get it? I hope you had a good week with the food. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on Navelbine for chemo and it takes about 45 minutes. I lost 7 lbs since last week from writing down my food, but last week I weighed the most that I ever weighed. I am very encouraged with this system of writing things down. I am tracking things on sparkpeople.com. I like that site and it is free. Well I know that I won't lose that much next week but if I can lose 1-2 pounds a week by tracking my food I will be excited. Thanks for all the encouragement you give me by being so very honest about your challenges with food. It is so helpful to me to know that I am not the only one with challenges with food.

    ReplyDelete