Sunday, January 16, 2011

Skipped a Day

I hope no one got too upset that I skipped yesterday. I was having a bad day yesterday, full of body aches and pains from the Taxol. They started up Friday night, so I took the oxycodone and did sleep well. Saturday I just couldn't wake up. I got out of bed around 8 a.m., but I just dozed on and off in the chair in the living room until 3 p.m. It was kind of weird. Then I just kept sitting there with the aches and pains, but I didn't want to take anymore of those pills because it would just make me sleep again.

I wanted to watch the Ravens/Steelers game, so I did. That was depressing. It's a sad day in Baltimore today. The game was exciting, though, I have to give it that. Mark and I also watched a movie called Charlie St. Cloud. It was OK. I went up to bed at 10:30, took 2 oxycodone pills, and promptly fell asleep.

Today I can still feel the aches and pains, but I think they are slightly better. This time is really running a lot like the third Taxol, so I expect I'll feel achey all day today and suddenly all better tomorrow. Still, this is the very last time, so I don't mind.

I'm going to Kip and Denise's house this afternoon for dinner. Before we go, I have to run to Giant to get supplies to make a salad. We already bought ourselves some kosher chicken and roasted potatoes for Mark. He won't be able to eat the rice Denise is making. I also bought a pareve key lime pie to bring for dessert that looks absolutely fabulous. I can't wait to eat a slice tonight!

Lowell and his roommates moved yesterday into their new house in Locust Point, a nice neighborhood in Baltimore near Ft. McHenry. I hope it went smoothly for them. I'm hoping that Mark and I might have a chance to go visit the new house before we leave the area. Also Evey and Eric sent out their "hold the date" email last night, so the date is now officially public, September 4, 2011 in Boston. It should be a beautiful wedding.

3 comments:

  1. Was a little worried.
    Debbie changed tomorrow's time to 11:30 AM. That should be perfect for you. She sent an email so RSVP if you have not seen it.

    See you then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'll see you at 11:30 tomorrow at Debbie's. Looking forward to it since it is probably the last time for a very long time. We leave in less than two weeks! I can hardly believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you are feeling better today. I was wondering how you were doing yesterday. It is good that you concentrated on resting yesterday. I hope the pain is gone by tomorrow. Leaving in less than 2 weeks sounds so very exciting. The only sad part is that you won't get to see your son as often. I hope that you have a good time going out tonight. Keep on getting better!

    ReplyDelete