Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolutions

I tracked my calories yesterday, and they came to 3,000. Hm...it's not going to help me lose weight if I write down and actually eat 3,000 calories a day. Well, at least I wrote them down. Today we are going to see the movie True Grit with our friends Rudy and Georganne. After that, we are going to have lunch at DuClaws to talk about the cruise we're going on together at the end of February. I'll try to behave myself at the restaurant.

I'm eating out tomorrow night with two other friends, Don and Sharon, at an Irish pub in Ellicott City. Two friends, Bev and John, are coming to the house for lunch on Tuesday, and I'm eating lunch out again with two other friends, Suzie and Evelyn, on Wednesday, at TJ's in Beltsville. Restaurants are always problematic for me. All I can say is, I'll try to watch what I'm doing and make good choices.

This morning is "pancake Sunday." Mark has been making low-carb pancakes every Sunday morning for well over a year. Three of these pancakes are 190 calories. I always have them with three Morningstar sausage links for 120 calories. This morning I also had two Activia yogurts for another 160 calories. Breakfast then is 470 calories. Not bad. I'll let you know tomorrow how lunch and dinner turned out. Maybe today will be a good day.

At least I did walk a full 30 minutes around the neighborhood yesterday. It wasn't really, really cold, so it was a good day to do it. It was hard for me, though. I was huffing and puffing when we got back. The walk was about 3/4 of a mile. That is not far, and since it took 30 minutes, it was not fast either. I remain shocked at how out of shape I am.

As the evening wore on yesterday, my aches and pains from the Taxol began to intensify. We watched a great documentary film, Walt Disney and El Grupo, on iTunes. It was excellent, but I was very uncomfortable sitting in the chair for those two hours. Random, shooting pains would hit my knees, hips, shoulders. Eventually the pains and aches also attacked the muscles of my legs and back. Even my chest felt tight. The movie ended at 9:30 and I was ready to go to bed. I went up and expected to feel better lying down. That worked for about five minutes, when I realized that I felt as achy and sick as I had after the first Taxol. So, I took two of the oxycodone pills that the doctor prescribed for this pain. That allowed me to fall asleep in about 30 minutes, and I actually slept straight through until 5 a.m. I was pretty happy about that! This morning I am feeling ok. I have some small aches in my finger joints and knees. With any luck, it won't get worse, or if it does get worse, it won't happen before I get home from the movie and lunch. This just goes to show that once again, I cannot predict how I will feel after a chemo session. Not one has been like a previous one. Well, just one left to go now.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you had the oxycodone and that that helped you feel better. Have fun eating out with your friends tonight. I hope that you have a better and less painful day today. If not you could try one or even one half of an oxycodone and maybe that would be just enought to keep you comfortable to enjoy your time with friends. Maybe this means the last chemo session will once again be not too painful like the second one was!

    ReplyDelete