Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A very good week

Last Wednesday, 265.5.  Today 260.8. Yay!  That's a loss of 4.7 pounds.  A very good week.

I have now gone from 276.3 to 260.8 in five weeks. I had set a goal of losing 20 pounds in 8 weeks, even though I knew 16 would be more realistic.  At this point I've lost 15.5 pounds since I started this diet on June 7.  That's amazing.  There are exactly three more weeks left before we head to California.  I need to lose 4.5 pounds to make my original goal of 20 pounds.  At that point, I will weigh just slightly less than I was when I left for California last summer.  Sadly, at one point last summer I was as far down as 247.  I won't make that, but I should make my goal of 257.

Mark and I did the beginner line dancing class yesterday.  The teacher goes on for 90 minutes and slowly moves from beginner to more advanced steps.  Mark and I left after 40 minutes, exhausted.  We both got foot cramps shortly after we stopped.  It took me a long time to get my foot and toes to relax.  Then it came back with a vengeance during the night.  Bummer.  Clearly even though I walk, swim laps, and lift weights, line dancing uses an entirely different set of muscles.

Today I have already walked 30 minutes, 1.3 miles, 115 calories.  Around 10 we will be in the gym doing our weight routines for 20 minutes, and then we will go to the pool where I will swim 20 laps in 35 minutes.  Total exercise calories today will be 561.

We are also going to the Haines City Waste Management Center today to get sharps containers for Mark.  He's been putting his lancets in a plastic bottle since we moved here.  Now he has two full bottles.  We have discovered that you can get an official sharps container from Polk County, and when it's full, turn it in for an empty one.  We are also FINALLY going to the Haines City Public Library to get library cards.  Then we can also get books out of the Osceola County system libraries. I'm hoping to get the second volume in the Game of Thrones series.  If there's still time, we will head to Mark's comic book store because Wednesday is the best day to go because the new shipments have arrived.  Tonight Mark is going to the Democratic Club meeting while I go to SOJC for one of the final three choir rehearsals before the High Holidays.  Busy day!  Busy days are GREAT days!

Yesterday I had the great pleasure of taking my former co-worker and friend Tom W. and his wife Allison out to dinner.  Tom and I worked together at Pikesville Middle School for seven years.  At least one of those years we even shared an office.  I have worked with some very, VERY wonderful people in my career, but Tom will always have a special place in my heart. He is an outstanding teacher and an easy-going, pleasant, funny person to be around.  I don't think he even knows I have this blog, but if by some chance he stumbles on it one day, let me say, "Thanks, Tom, for stopping by." 

Me and Tom W.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS! YOU ARE DOING A WONDERFUL JOB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rhonda!! I'm trying very hard, so I'm glad it's paying off. Three more weeks of being really good and then off to CA and AZ. I hope to keep trying, but eating out three meals a day for four weeks will be HARD!

    ReplyDelete