Wednesday, July 17, 2013

ONE!

Yeah, that's a song title.  "One, singular sensation..."

Hm...not feeling that love about my weight loss this morning.

ONE! 

That's how many pounds I lost this week.

If you read yesterday's blog, you know I did everything I could. I had a great week.  There was nothing else I could have done.  I drank water, recorded every morsel, averaged 1280 calories a day, ate 20 out of 21 meals at home, ate grilled chicken breast on greens for my one meal out, exercised two to three times per day.  There is nothing else.

For that I lost a whopping ONE pound.

Waaa   Waaa   Waaa

Okay, rant is over.

Now I'm trying to put this in some perspective.  My first thought was disappointment.  I also thought how frustrating it is to work so hard and get so little pay off.  My third thought was how out of touch with my body I really am.  During the week, I felt strong and healthy.  I felt like I was losing a LOT of weight because I got up and peed four times every night.  Plus I would have sworn my clothes felt looser.  I guess not.  LOL!  This morning my shorts feel tight.  I know it's all in my head.

My second thoughts are starting to kick in now.  An hour as passed since the shock of stepping on the scale.  My thoughts are starting to calm down.  Last week I dropped 4.7.  This week I dropped 1.  That's MORE than a two pound per week average.  This is not uncommon.  A big week is almost always followed by a little week.  Next week I might drop three.  I have lost weight so many times and recorded all of them in notebooks. I know that big weeks are followed by little weeks.  That doesn't make the little week any less disappointing, but it's a fact of weight loss.

Last week was a perfect week.  This upcoming week will not be.  I will not be eating 20 out of 21 meals at home.  I will be eating 17 out of 21 meals at home.  Today we are going to Universal Studios and eating lunch and dinner out.   Saturday night we are going to a wine tasting party with cheese and other snacks and desserts.  Sunday we are eating lunch out.  Monday we are eating dinner out at the food trucks up at the Village.  Plenty of opportunity for high sodium and more fat calories than eating at home.  The good news is that I will still be able to do all my usual exercising.

I have two weeks left to meet my goal of going to California at the same weight as last year.  I flew off to California in the summer of 2012 at 257.  I'm only 2.8 pounds from that goal and there are two weeks left.  I had held out hope that I might go below that weight.  It could still happen. I could definitely drop more than 2.8 in two weeks. 

Another good thing is that I have already surpassed the amount of weight I could expect to lose in 8 weeks.  Six weeks are gone and I am down 16.8 since we returned from Maryland in early June.  That's already averaging over 2 pounds per week. 

So...I have had a disappointment this morning.  So...I have gotten over it. 

I'm doing okay.  I have dropped nearly 17 pounds in six weeks.  I am in the two FIFTIES for the first time since last October.  Yes, it's only by a smidge, but it's just a start.  Next week I will be DOWN something, probably two more pounds.  I will continue to exercise, record every morsel, and make appropriate choices in the restaurants and at the wine-tasting party.  That's a promise!

Soon we are driving up to Universal Studios to go see Despicable Me 2 at the AMC Theaters at City Walk.  Then we will eat a margherita pizza inside Universal Studios and go to a few attractions.  In the evening we will have dinner at Denny's (about 640 calories) and then a choir rehearsal at SOJC. 

It's going to be another great day.  Hope your day is also great.

No comments:

Post a Comment