Friday, July 26, 2013

Sunkissed Apples

Yesterday I got highlights in my hair for the first time ever.  The stylist asked if I wanted something bright and "wow" or did I want it to look sunkissed.  Who wouldn't pick sunkissed?  I loved the sound of it.  I also was very pleased with the results when she was done.  It added time and money to the day, but it was worth it.  She also gave me a great style and cut.  I went in the salon at 10 a.m. and left at 3:45 very, very happy.

Because of the salon day, I did not swim yesterday.  Because I kept hitting snooze instead of getting up, I skipped walking this morning.  OY!   Now I'm trying to promise myself that I will go walk outside or in the track if it's raining later today.  There will be time, but will there be energy?  We shall see.   At least there will definitely be swimming today.

Wednesday I consumed 1257 calories and yesterday I had 1238.  Today's calories should be 1273.  Even without exercise, a person should lose weight with those numbers.

For dinner tonight Mark is making a "meals by the plate" out of his Diabetic Living magazine.  This magazine has been an amazing find for us since we first picked up a copy in Reno, NV last summer. Tonight's dinner is called Crispy Chicken Parmesan and comes with a spinach salad and a side of spaghetti.  We are leaving off the Parmesan, and I'm also leaving off the dressing from the salad.  I will have 2 ounces of challah and 2 ounces of Moscato at dinner since it's Shabbat tonight, bringing my dinner calories to 559.  That's fantastic!

I know I have lost 20 pounds now, but I still haven't lost any inches off the waist or hips.  That is so weird, but I just measured yet again this morning.  Still the same numbers since June 7.  Sooner or later weight should start coming from there.  I can see that my face and neck are smaller.  I also am hooking my bra strap one notch over.  Clearly, these twenty pounds have come from under my bust and in my face.  I am a giant, round apple!  I usually don't measure my bust because I don't really care about that measurement, but there have been times in the past when I did.  Mostly my bust and my waist are the same and my hips are about 6 inches bigger.  Even when I lost the 117 pounds and definitely lost a LOT of inches (going from size 32 to size 20), my proportions stayed more or less the same.  A giant, round apple, that's me. Now I'm a sunkissed apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment