Monday, July 29, 2013

Early morning walking

It's Monday.  I walked.

I always seem to walk better on Mondays than Fridays.  Well, duh!

Today I hit a new record for the last two months since I started my morning walks.  I went 1.51 miles in 31 and a half minutes.  My average pace was 20:49 minutes per mile. I was pretty excited about that.  It burned 131 calories, about 10 more than usual.

At 10:30 I have my radiation oncology appointment, and then we will go get Mark's comic books.  We didn't do any of our other errands yesterday after the movie because he had to go fill the heart med prescription.  So he is going with me to see the doctor, and then we can go together to the store.  At 1 p.m. I  am hosting Mahjongg again in my house.  When that's over, we are going to the Palms for our weight routines.  At that point, if the weather is good and my energy is still there, I'm going to go swim my laps.  I thought Friday was going to be the last day I could do that, but I realized while I was walking this morning that I could swim later today.  It will all come to weather and stamina!

In just two days we are flying to California.  It's starting to get very real and very exciting.  Printing the reservations and TripTiks and making our binder last night was a lot of fun.  It seems so tangible at that point.  I've got most of my clothes laid out on the spare room bed.  I'm feeling very good about only taking one suitcase this time.  I'm very excited about the whole trip!

My calories yesterday ended up at 1374, which is fine.

Here's today's meal plan:
Breakfast:  usual cereal, yogurt, and blueberries   182
Lunch:  usual can of tuna, tossed salad, cup of cherries  283
Dinner:  a new "plate" from Diabetic Living called Vegetables of Plenty, which is two recipes.  The first is Farro Risotto with Butternut  Squash for 267 calories and the second is a Vegetable Medley for 87 calories. Total dinner calories are 354.
Snacks:  banana and Arctic Zero ice cream  249
Total calories for the day: 1068 

That is a very low number, so it leaves me a little room to add something to lunch or the snack later in the day.  I love days like that!




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a wonderful weekend. I did not realize you will get one last weigh in before you go to California. I am excited to hear about your California trip. I know you will have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rhonda. I will post some pictures on the blog as we travel!
    My weigh in on Wednesday will be super early in the morning! We are leaving the house at 4 a.m. LOL!

    ReplyDelete