Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Fourth of July to all!

Last year on this day, we were up in MD and attended a party at Denise and Kip's house.  Lots of fun.  We all watched our favorite holiday video, 1776, together in the afternoon.

Today should also be a lot of fun.

First, I went out and walked 25 minutes, 1.2 miles, burning 100 calories.  That's a good start to the day. I was motivated by a 2.8 pound weight loss between yesterday and today!  I knew I was having a great day yesterday, only 955 calories eaten and 450 calories burned.  That's why I asked Mark to leave the scale out for one more day.  This should be a great week because I am eating dinner out tonight, as we do every Thursday, and lunch out on Sunday, which is also our usual thing.  All other meals will be at home with plenty of time to keep up with the walking, weights, and swimming.  I expect a great loss this week!

About 10:30 I will be swimming laps.  Yesterday, I swam 20 laps in 35 minutes.  I hope to do the same today.  (These are not regulation laps because this outdoor pool is not Olympic length.  It's probably half that.)  I was pleased with 20 laps in 35 minutes because the day before I had done 12 laps in 25 minutes.  I thought that was a good increase.  I hope to at least match the 20 in 35 today.

I'll be eating a grilled chicken breast on salad greens for lunch, very low fat and calories.  Then at 2 p.m. there is a sing-along of patriotic songs in the clubhouse by the pool!  What a fun thing to do!

Between 6 and 9 p.m. we will be up at the Village Center.  This is Solivita's first big July 4 Extravaganza that will have fireworks. It will include a dozen food trucks parked along the main street, limited menus in the two restaurants, two bars, three or four music groups performing in various locations, and the first EVER fireworks at 9 p.m.  It's all free except the food or drinks you buy.  There will be tables under tents outside as well as  tables inside the ballroom and other locations.  We are also welcome to bring our own chairs.  I know some of my neighbors are also going, so it should be a lot of fun.

I am still hoping there might be enough time and/or energy at some point today to watch 1776 also!

Today's breakfast and lunch are going to be perfect. I've walked and I will soon be swimming.  Now I just have to watch my dinner calories.  If the food trucks don't have anything decent that's fish or veggie, we will probably go for the pizza in the Bistro.  As long as I watch the portions, it should be okay.

Meanwhile, I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday today!

No comments:

Post a Comment