Friday, July 12, 2013

TGIF

Today I got up at 6:15 a.m., as usual.  I put on my sneakers and walking clothes, turned on Pandora and RunKeeper, and hit the pavement at 6:40 a.m.  I started doing the early morning walking routine on June 7 as soon as we got back from MD; however, this is the first full five day week that I walked every single morning.  Each of the previous weeks had things to do that involved a lot of walking, like theme parks, or early morning appointments at doctor's offices that made the morning walk too hard to fit in.  So I'm pleased that I walked five straight mornings.

Today I walked 30 minutes and went 1.4 miles, burning 121 calories.  That's a pretty fast pace for me.   At some point today I plan to do my weights at the gym, but I don't know if I can swim.  Our day is packed with other activities, including a mani/pedi.  If it's not raining around 4 p.m., I will swim, but that's probably not going to happen.  It has rained some part of every afternoon this week. 

Yesterday I ate 1240 calories and burned up 448 calories in exercise.  Mark made an outstanding main dish for dinner called Firehouse Enchiladas, which has 363 calories.  It was amazing, very delicious and spicy.  The Diabetic Living magazine has been a real find for us.  Tonight's main dish is also a new recipe from that magazine. It is a Chicken BLT Wrap.  It uses bacon, but we will use Smart Bacon, a vegetarian product.  It also calls for avocado, so he's leaving that out of mine.  It will only have 200 calories, which for a main dish is amazing. I bet it tastes great, too.

Today's meal plan:
B'fast:  Fiber One Cereal and Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt  140 calories
Lunch:  grilled chicken on tossed salad, no dressing     225 calories
Dinner:  Challah (2 ounces), Sweet wine (2 ounces),   raw veggies (carrot, celery, broccoli), Chicken BLT Wrap,   shot of Whiskey   563 calories
Snacks:  banana, 2 of Mark's Plumtastic cookies, 1 cup fresh cherries   360 calories
Total calories: 1288.   Exercise:  walking and weights  207 calories burned.

TGIF everybody.  Enjoy your day.


No comments:

Post a Comment