Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Relativity

Speed is relative.  Hm..I never took a physics class in my whole life.  All I know about physics is a famous quote from my father, "Evaporation is Refrigeration."  I guess that's physics.  I also know Einstein's Theory of Relativity: E=mc2, although I have no real idea what that means.

What I learned this morning is that no matter how fast I think I'm walking there will always be someone going faster!  LOL!

This morning I broke all my records for speed walking, even as some other lady, older, more fit, and sporting a long gray ponytail, blew right by me.  LOL!

I walked 1.52 miles in only 29:16.  I cracked the 20 minute mile, going one mile in 18:49.  I am truly impressed with myself.  This burned 124 calories.  I was huffing, puffing, and sweating like crazy.  You'd think more calories than that would have been used up.  Doesn't matter. I am very excited that I walked a mile and a half in under half an hour.

Also I got a cheery email from RunKeeper this morning saying that I had set a new personal best record, burning 2101 calories in one month.  Nice.

There will be no walking tomorrow morning because we have to leave the house at 4 a.m. to head to the airport for a 7 a.m. nonstop flight to San Francisco.  It's the start of our four week vacation.  I hope Evey is prepared for a very LONG hug when we get there.  We have not seen her since Thanksgiving.  And yes, I will hug Eric, too, although I suspect he will appreciate it even less than Evey will. 

My appointment with the radiation oncologist yesterday went very well.  Mostly we chatted about our families and got caught up on our news since we saw each other in January.  He liked my new hair cut and color.  He is a very nice doctor who takes a long time with you.  I guess that's a good thing.

I weighted 258 on his scale, which was TEN pounds less than when I saw him in January.  I was pretty happy about that. My BP was only 108/60. The nurse asked if I was always that low.  I'm not usually that low, but I'm rarely high. I'm usually textbook perfect at 120/80.  I'm not sure why I was so low.  My resting pulse was 60. I think my exercise is making me healthier even if I'm not losing any inches around my round apple middle.  This morning I put on a very old pair of shorts and realized that they still fit snug around that middle but the legs seemed loose.  Maybe I should have been measuring my thighs!  LOL!

This morning I have my annual mammogram of both breasts and an ultrasound on the left breast.  It's nice that I only have to do this annually now instead of every six months.  After that, Mark and I are heading over to Downtown Disney to renew our annual passes.  They will expire while we are in Arizona, and there's a big discount for renewing them before they expire.  It's worth it.  After that, we PACK!!  I really think we need to go to bed early tonight since the alarm is going off at 3 a.m. Crazy.

I am taking my laptop with me, and I should be able to write blogs most days.  I will certainly try to post some pictures of our trip here on the blog and on Facebook, too.

Tomorrow morning I will weigh in at around 3:15 a.m.  I don't know if that's a good time of day to do that or not, but I have no choice.  I will write a very SHORT blog to report that weight, but mostly i will be rushing around trying to get in the car by 4 a.m.  Don't expect much tomorrow!

Have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment