Friday, July 19, 2013

We are not alone.

No, Mark and I are not alone.  We are not the only ones.  Barb and Al are not the only ones. 

Check out the article on the Orlando Sentinel today called "Disney's magic lures grow-up fans to move to Orlando."

It interviewed two people who did exactly what we did.  They used to vacation here with their kids and then retired here when the kids were grown up.  One person made the decision as a little kid after his first visit to the Magic Kingdom.  His parents thought he would grow out of it, but he didn't. He moved his family and his business here when he could.  None of them regret their decision.

No, we are not alone.

Yesterday Mark and I really pushed ourselves in the exercise department.  We did weights, walking, and swimming between breakfast and lunch.  It was exhausting but a great workout.  Mark then went off grocery shopping while I stayed poolside until around 3 p.m. when I was tired of sitting under the shelter in the cold rain.  We did go to the movie, but we had to take our umbrellas for sure.  Today is going to be just as stormy.  Our high today will be near 90.  So much of the country is sweltering in the 100s, especially with the heat index from the humidity, while we are having relatively cool temperatures of 90 for a high and then a significant drop when the rain comes. 

This morning when I went out to walk at 6:45 it was only 73 degrees.

I just couldn't muster any energy today.  Maybe all the activity and exercise is catching up to me.  I went out to walk but couldn't get anything going. I only went a half a mile in 15 minutes and quit.  My right knee started aching when I woke up and didn't improve with walking.  The top of my left foot is also hurting when I take a step.  I just didn't have it in me today.  I hope the swimming goes okay later this morning.

My final calorie count yesterday was  1126 and 623 calories burned in exercise.  What a great diet day!

Today my plan calls for 1203 calories in and 452 calories burned.
Here's my food plan for today:
B'fast:  The Usual: Fiber One, Greek Yogurt, Blueberries     182 calories
Lunch:  The Usual:  tuna, cheese, salad, cherries                   333 calories
Dinner:  Challah, Wine, Spicy Ginger Marinated Chicken, Steamed Asparagus with almonds, and small baked sweet potato                583 calories
Snack:  banana                                105 calories

Tonight we have tickets to a special musical performance in Solivita.  It's at 7 p.m. and we'll have a late dinner when we get home from that.  The performer will play piano, sing an eclectic mix of songs, and also tell jokes.  Sounds interesting.

Hope you can stay cool wherever you happen to be.  Ironically, and much like last summer, central Florida is NOT the hottest place on the East Coast.  Drink fluids and stay indoors in AC if you can.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your wonderful exercise. It sounds like you need a day of rest today. You are being a great inspiration to me for when I can hopefully start pushing the exercise again soon. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Rhonda. I hope that your treatments start to help you get back to exercise soon!

    ReplyDelete