Sunday, July 28, 2013

Busy Sunday

We saw the movie Wolverine, and we both agreed it was just okay.  It's a samurai story, lots of fighting with swords.  Of course Hugh Jackman is shirtless a lot, so that makes it an easy movie to watch!  LOL!

We also spent some time around the Cove. It was Parrothead Weekend, the busiest weekend all year, but there's also a big raffle for Breast Cancer.  We bought $40 worth of tickets (60 tickets), which we put in various buckets for various prizes on Friday.  Today was the drawing, but we didn't win.  (What else is new?)  The Cove collected over $8,000 between this weekend and last weekend as a donation to Breast Cancer Research, so that's a good thing.

Now we are home, and Mark is about to print out AAA TripTiks for our Arizona roadtrip.  Of course, we will have our GPS and our cell phones, but we have a tradition of making a binder with paper TripTiks plus our boarding passes, hotel reservation confirmations, and any other tickets or confirmations we need.  He is going to start with the drive from Anaheim to Phoenix, which doesn't happen until August 13. Up until then, we will rely on the GPS to get around Calfornia.  It's fun because it means our big trip is right around the corner.

The big news today was that Mark ran out of his heart meds this morning.  He had a refill left, but he had not called it in.  So this morning he didn't have any to take.  The last time that happened was in February of 2012 when we went to a funeral at Arlington National Cemetery.  He just forgot that morning, but he was barely able to walk and do things all day.  Finally around 3 p.m. while we were at the airport waiting to fly home, he realized his mistake and took the pill.  He felt better almost instantly.  So I have been worried about him all day.  He didn't do much walking or physical activity, mostly on purpose so he wouldn't feel bad.  Now we have the pills, but he didn't pick them up until 4:15, so he won't take it until 6:30 with dinner when he usually takes the second dose anyway.  I was just very relieved that he didn't feel badly all day because of that.

Two more days until weigh in.  I will have eaten about 1350 calories today. I hope it's going to be a good weigh in.  I have done a good job again this week. I want my reward for that work!

Tomorrow morning I have my six month check up with the radiation oncologist, and on Tuesday morning I have my annual mammogram and ultrasound.  (At least I'm down to annual now on those and not every six months!)  Because of those two appointments, I won't be able to swim laps anymore.  I might have a chance to swim in some hotel pools or even the gym near Evey, but who knows.  I hope to get back to a regular routine with that when we return because I really feel it's been very helpful for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment