Tuesday, July 23, 2013

TYPHOON LAGOON!!!!

Yes, that's right.  Today we are going to Typhoon Lagoon at Walt Disney World.  It will be the first time we've gone there in decades. I really don't even remember the last time we did it.

There is a special Limited Time Magic Beach Party going on from now until Labor Day Weekend along the beach by the Wave Pool.  This is to celebrate the new Disney TV movie, Teen Beach Movie, that ran on the Disney Channel recently.  We watched the movie, which we thought was just okay, but we are excited to go to the Limited Time Magic event today. I'm also very excited to play in the Wave Pool because jumping in the waves has always been one of my favorite things.  Mark really enjoy the Lazy River ride, so he will do a bunch of that today.

We are also going Line Dancing this morning first.  Wow!

Yesterday we never ate at the food trucks.  We went up there, but there were only half as many trucks as we expected.  There were no fish offerings at all.  The only option for us would have been specialty grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.  If I wasn't watching my calories and worrying about tomorrow's weigh-in, I would have ordered that five cheese sandwich on Texas toast in a heart beat!  But it was too many calories for me and too many carbs for Mark. 

Instead we walked up to the Bistro and ordered the flatbread veggie pizza.  We have had it before and know that it doesn't upset Mark's sugar levels.  The crust is really, REALLY thin and crispy.  There is no tomato sauce and just a thin layer of mozzarella.  Hopefully that was a good choice for me, too.

I had LOTS of exercise yesterday.  I walked 30 minutes in the morning, which I also did today, but then later I walked another mile in just 20 minutes in the indoor track with Mark.  I was pretty impressed that I could go that fast, but it's always easier to walk fast on the track.  I also set a personal record for swimming.  I had met a man on Saturday who swims in the same pool as I do. He told me that 54 laps was a mile.  Since I was already swimming 24 laps in 40 minutes, I figured I could add another 3 laps and make it a half mile.  I did it!  I swam a half mile in 45 minutes.  That burns a lot of calories!  Unfotunately I did not do my weights.  Our usual gym is not accessible by car for a few days because they are repaving the roads around it.  We went to the other gym in our community and found all the machines had been changed.  Instead of ones similar to the other gym, they had new ones that used bands.  I couldn't life anywhere near the same amount of weight on those, plus the bands made it feel like I had no control. I could move my arms in lots of directions instead of one proscribed direction like the regular machines do.  Anyway, I figured I burned a lot of calories with the half mile swim and two separate walks.

Today all my meals will be at home, so that always helps.  Even though we are going to Typhoon Lagoon, we are eating a packed lunch after line dancing before we head over to the park.  It's going to rain this afternoon (What else is new in central Florida in the summer?), so I hope we actually get to have some fun at the wave pool and lazy river.  Tomorrow morning I weigh myself again.  I am not expecting any big loss this week since I had so many meals out and too many calories at the party Saturday night.  I just hope I didn't gain anything.  I'm down to my final week before we leave for California.

No comments:

Post a Comment