Friday, July 5, 2013

Hope your fourth was awesome.

Our Fourth WAS most definitely awesome.  The weather was delightful, not too hot, not too cold, slightly breezy.  The Patriotic Sing-Along at 4 p.m. was just SO much fun.  A group of 9 singers, a drummer, and a guitarist led about 40 people through an hour's worth of folk songs and patriotic songs.  I hadn't sung some of those songs in a very long time.  They sang all the armed forces songs and gave flags out to veterans.  It was a warm and fuzzy hour, for sure.

The food trucks and entertainment and fireworks at the Solivita Village were all better than anticipated.  We met up with a friend and her extended family to eat dinner in the ballroom, but we ran into dozens of other friends and neighbors as we walked up and down the street.  It was another warm and fuzzy three hours of food, fun, music, and fireworks.

Considering this was the first year Solivita set off fireworks over the lake, everyone was AMAZED at how fantastic they were.  The display lasted 15 minutes and was much more massive and impressive than I expected it to be.  We took our camp chairs and had a PERFECT view! 

I ate about 1800 calories yesterday, but I also swam 20 laps in 35 minutes, walked 25 minutes, and did another 15 minutes of water aerobics.  My LoseIt! program said I was still under my daily calories limit because it allows you to eat back those exercise calories.  Normally, I try not to do that to make my loss go faster.

Today we are doing our weights and swimming laps. I already did my early morning walk.  Geez, I was slow and unmotivated this morning. I only did .8 of a mile in 20 minutes.  Just couldn't seem to get into it, but at least I was out there at 6:30 a.m.!  All of our meals will be at home, so that always helps. 

The scale is still out, so it called me to hop on it this morning.  I was the same as yesterday morning, so that made me happy.

Enjoy your day after the fourth and the upcoming weekend.  I am looking forward to seeing The Lone Ranger on Sunday, even though it's not getting great reviews.  I think Mark and I are going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment