Thursday, July 18, 2013

Good Days

Yesterday we did exactly as planned and ate what I said I would.  We both enjoyed the movie and thought this sequel was better than the original.  The only thing I added to my food intake was a small cake pop at Starbucks in the afternoon and a bunch of plain celery sticks for a late night snack.  Mark and I have had the cake pops a few times because they are only 2-3 bites big. It seems like something safe when you're hungry and not at home.  When I got home, I decided to look up the calories and was shocked to find that a chocolate cake pop is 140 calories. It's hard to understand how something that small could have that many calories.  Some full sized cupcakes have that much.  Well, we are not going to get them anymore!

So my final calories yesterday came to 1562, which is over my allowance of 1481, but Lose It!  takes the exercise calories into consideration.  We did a lot of walking around the theme park, so I put down that I walked about an hour for 223 calories burned.  My Lose It! program thinks I was under my calorie allowance by 142 because of that. I also increased the number of calories on the lunch pizza because it seemed to have way more cheese than I remembered the last time we had it. It's hard to estimate restaurant food.  It was a flatbread margherita pizza that was a personal size, four slices.  I called it 590 calories based on some internet search.  I really have no idea if that's an underestimate or overestimate.

Today I will eat all meals at home, so that makes things so much more accurate.

Here's today's food plan:
B'fast:  1/2 cup Fiber One, Dannon L and F Gr Yogurt   140 calories (I'm out of blueberries today)
Lunch:  same as Tuesday, can of tuna, tossed salad, 2 slices fat free cheese   236 calories
Dinner:  Firehouse Enchiladas and Brussels Sprouts    458 calories
Snacks:  banana, shot of Bailey's Irish Creme   271 calories
Total calories: 1105
Exercise:  weight lifting 104, 40 mins of lap swimming 396

I overslept a little bit this morning, so I didn't go out to do my morning walk.  If it doesn't get too hot or rainy, there's a chance I could walk later today.  It's going to be a typical summer day, 90 and a chance of afternoon thunderstorms.  Yesterday we felt great at the park.  There was a lovely breeze blowing the whole day.  It never felt too hot and we never got rained on.  There was a bit of a rain, but we were inside a ride through most of it.  The park had 2 hour waits for the Despicable Me ride and for Transformers (until it shut down in the afternoon for some reason), but other than that, we never felt it was over crowded. It was more crowded than Epcot on Sunday, but it was just fine for us.

Tonight we are going to the free Solivita movie.  They are running Silver Linings Playbook, a movie we have been wanting to see for awhile.  


No comments:

Post a Comment