Saturday, July 6, 2013

Following the plan

When I came home from Maryland, I knew I had 8 weeks before heading out to California and Arizona. I set myself a goal of losing 20 pounds in those 8 weeks.   As of this morning, I have lost 14 pounds in just 4 weeks. I am quite happy.  This morning I was down another half pound to 261.9.  I am getting quite excited about getting out of the 260s.  I've been hanging around there for far too long.

Last year I was 257.6 when I took off for our west coast trip.  That was my goal for this year, too, which would have required a 19 pound loss in the 8 weeks.  Now I'm thinking I might get even lower than that in the next four weeks.

I ate 1400 calories yesterday and burned up about 450 calories walking, swimming laps, and lifting weights.  It was a good day.

Today breakfast and lunch will be at home, but lunch will be at the synagogue.  Our friends Ed and Marian are sponsoring a luncheon in honor of their anniversary.  We have been invited and cannot say no.  I don't want to say no, but I do have to watch what I eat at the luncheon.  Fortunately, our Saturday night dinner of griller burgers on a deli flat is a very low calorie dinner.  This leaves me the majority of the day's calories for lunch without a problem.  I'll report tomorrow how I did on that.

Also, Saturday is my day off from exercise.  I did not go out to walk this morning; I don't lift weights unless I missed it Friday (and I did not miss it yesterday); I may or may not get to the pool.  So, we shall see if this day turns out to be a good day on my diet plan or not.

I finished reading Game of Thrones yesterday, and then we watched the fourth episode in the first season of the show.  What an amazing story!  Thanks to Cindy for sending Mark the book for Hanukkah and to Mark for suggesting that I read it, too.  

I'm also halfway through Peony by Pearl Buck.  Thanks to Tom K for suggesting that one. I'm enjoying it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment