Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Time to pay the piper

Last Wednesday Lowell and Emily arrived, and as I already said in a previous post, there was PLENTY of eating and drinking. There was also plenty of walking.  Once they left Sunday morning, I had intended to get back to a strict food regiment.  Let us just say I have not been entirely successful with that.  On the other hand, I have been doing a lot of walking and swimming to mitigate the eating.

So here's the damage: up one pound.  Last Wednesday I was 264.6 and this morning I was 265.5.  I guess that's up .9 to be exact, but the scale is only accurate to +/-.2.

Yesterday we went to the pool, and I swam 25 minutes of laps.  Then we went to the Magic Kingdom and walked all around.  Just getting in and out of that park is a big hike.  We ate breakfast and lunch at home and dinner at Pecos Bill in Frontierland.  We always have a veggie burger with fixin's from the bar.  I had a big plate of sauteed mushrooms and onions, probably about a cup of each.  On the burger I added some shredded cheese, and unlike Mark, I did eat the bun.  We both had a small ear of corn as our side instead of fries.  The big extra that I ate was a Mickey ice cream bar.  Yay!  Those are awesome but 330 calories.  I also had half of a root beer slushie in a special Lone Ranger Boot mug.  Getting that mug was one of the main objectives for the day.  Mark made sure I only had half.  Then he took it to the men's room and dumped the rest out. 

The other objectives were to play the Pirate's Adventure game and see the special summer afternoon parade, castle show, and fireworks.  We did everything except the afternoon parade.  It got cancelled due to rain, but they gave us a consolation parade called the Rainy Day Cavalcade of Characters.  We had no idea there was such a thing, so that was pretty exciting. 

Since seeing the new Pixar movie, Monsters University, on Sunday, we have wanted to hit the Monsters' Laugh Floor in Tomorrowland.  We enjoyed doing that and seeing the new tweaking that they did to the decorations and the show to reflect the new film.  We also had time to go to Carousel of Progress, always a favorite.

Now I have exactly four weeks until we take off for California. I could easily lose 8 pounds in four weeks or even more.  That is perfect because I was exactly 8 pounds less than today's weight when I flew off to the west coast last summer.  While we were gone a month last year, I gained 6.5 pounds. It would be REALLY WONDERFUL if I could just skip that part this year.  LOL!

This morning is the first bright sunny morning in several days.  It's been gray and rainy mostly all day since Sunday.  Now the temps are predicted to be no higher than the mid-80s with a much lower chance of rain for an entire week.  How nice!  There will be lap swimming this morning right after lifting weights in the gym.  All meals will be eaten at home today, so that should give a good kick start to the week.  As far as I know, this week I will be eating dinner out tomorrow night and lunch out on Sunday.  That might be it.  I hope that's it.  Eating at home is the single best thing I can do for my dieting.









No comments:

Post a Comment