Monday, July 16, 2018

Home after a lovely trip.

Our three day weekend trip to Buffalo was marvelous.

It started with being very impressed with JetBlue and their extra space seats.  They also have Dunkin' Donuts coffee and full sized snack bags to choose from.

When we arrived, 15 minutes earlier than scheduled, we met Ellen for coffee at the Starbucks across the street from the airport.  That was lovely.  It had been quite a few years since we had seen her.

The Hilton Garden Inn at Lafayette Square in downtown Buffalo was just one block from the Hotel Lafayette where the wedding reception was held, and a bus was provided to take us to and from the church.  It goes without saying that the wedding and reception were fabulous.  Mark and I were the only family from the bride's mother's side outside of her immediate family.  The bride's mother, Nancy, is Mark's first cousin.  Her two siblings, their spouses and children, and Nancy's mother (Mark's Aunt Flor) were the only ones there from Nancy's side, besides us. The rest of the bride's side at the wedding was from her dad's side and their friends.  So we were pretty glad we came to represent the rest of the Silverstein side of the family.

Sunday morning we spent an hour enjoying Lafayette Square and then walked three blocks down to Niagara Square.  There's a lot of history in those few blocks!  I took a lot of pictures, but I still haven't figured out how to share them on the blog.  Sorry.

Now for the bad news.  I reported Friday morning that I had lost a bit over four pounds for the week and headed to the airport weighing 270 even.  I had worked really hard to lose that weight last week and was feeling pretty good about it.

So drum roll please......here's my weight this morning.  278.2.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!  A GAIN of 8.2 pounds in three days.

Sure, there were meals in restaurants.  There was even one cocktail at the reception.  There were some snacks.  I knew I was eating a lot more than I would at home sticking closely to my diet, but I thought I would just be up about 3 pounds.  This gain was worse than I have ever done on any cruise!  It is hard to imagine gaining approximately 2.7 pounds PER DAY.  This may be a new record for me.

There's nothing to do now but start over.


No comments:

Post a Comment