Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Kennedy Space Center

Mark and I got up at 6 a.m. in order to hit the road shortly after 7 a.m.  We pulled up at KSC about 9 a.m., just as KSC was opening up.

I had bought a cheap deal from TravelZoo to go there.  It took awhile to exchange the voucher for actual tickets and then a longer while to get through security and into the Visitor Center, but it was all worth it.  We had a blast!

In fact, there is so much to do there that we couldn't get it all done, even though we entered about 9:50 a.m. and stayed until 6 p.m.  We were exhausted and happy, so happy that we upgraded our tickets to an Annual Pass that will include free parking in the future!  We will be back to finish the things we missed.  What a great Visitor Center!

I was down another pound this morning to 272.6, but I expect some to be back tomorrow.  I had an excellent salad for lunch, but Mark and I shared a large French fries with that.  Then I had a bag of barbecue chips on the car ride home because it was nearly six hours after lunch.  I was quite hungry by then.  Oh, well....dinner was carefully planned and at home.

We had considered packing our own lunch, but at the last minute, Mark decided we would buy lunch there.  He wasn't sure we could take a lunch in to the park.  Now we know we can do that, so maybe next time we will pack it.  On the other hand, the salad was fabulous and not expensive.  Now our annual pass will even get us 10% off everything we buy there, including food.

I didn't go over my calorie allotment if you factor in some of the walking.  I hope that helped.

Mahj tomorrow morning and then Chinese food out for lunch with the ladies.  So I am not sure about my weight Friday morning when it counts.  We shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment