Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Off to Animal Kingdom

Despite all the sodium in yesterday's food, I lost half of the three pounds that found their way back on Sunday.  This morning I weighed 271.4, so that's a good thing.  Friday morning will be my official weigh-in report, shortly before we drive to the airport to fly to Buffalo for the family wedding.  I'm looking forward to reporting a number under 270!  I would be very happy to see that again.  I don't expect to stay there because we'll be eating out so much for four days, but it will be the beginning.

I started the Lose It! app to help me lose weight back in March of 2012 because my weight was creeping up and up from my lowest of 205 in March of 2010.  I weighed 263.2 when I set up the app.  Since then, I have dropped as low as 232.4 in October of 2013 and as high as 295 in March of 2016.  The graph in the program is ridiculously crazy looking, sharp ups and downs and ups and downs constantly.

Well, at least right now it's back on a downward track.

I played Mahj yesterday and won 5 of the 6 games I played.  I was actually embarrassed to win that last one.  The two ladies I was playing with were not happy about it.  LOL  Susie won one game and Barb won zero games, so it was a little awkward for me to win five.  The Mah Jongg gods or Karma or whatever will even it out though.  LOL  There will be weeks when I'm the one not winning any games.  That's how it goes.

After playing, I was going to go out shoe shopping for some white sandals to wear to the wedding.  I didn't go.  I hate going out to stores anymore.  Mark hunted for my other shoes for me, but he didn't find them either.  He did find the silver sandals I wore to Lowell's wedding.  They are a little higher than I like, but they will be my fall back.  Then I also ordered white sandals from Amazon. They'll arrive tomorrow.  If they fit and feel great, they will get a lot of use!  If they don''t, I can ship them back for free and use the silver sandals.  Instead I stayed home the rest of the day doing the things I enjoy: reading, working the jigsaw puzzle, listening to Mark read another portion of the Torah, listening to our book on tape (haha tape!  NOT.  It's digital on the phone!), and watching TV.

I ate 1375 calories for the day, but there was no exercise.

Today there will be four or five miles of walking at Animal Kingdom in 93 degrees of humid heat.  We are heading out at 10 a.m. to go see a noon performance of Robotic Walkers at Pandora. These are men in robotic machines like the ones used in the movie Avatar.  Then we will have lunch out at the Pandora quick service restaurant called Satu'li Canteen.  We haven't been in that area of the park in a YEAR.  We went there last summer with Lowell and Emily when the Pandora land opened.  That restaurant is very nice.  They have a fried mahi mahi or a fried tofu that we can eat.  Each one says "choose your base and sauce."  As I recall, the base could be noodles, grains, or salad.  I don't remember the sauces, but I'll probably skip them.  I'm hoping to eat tofu on salad so that my calories won't be too bad. I think the day will be okay although sodium might be an issue again.

After seeing the robots and eating lunch, we have fast passes for the safari ride (still hoping to see the baby hippos), the show Finding Nemo, and the Navi'i River Boat ride back in Pandora.  That means we will make a big circle around the entire perimeter of WDW's largest park.  That will be a lot of walking!  We will probably also have time to go up some of the animal paths.  I wouldn't mind trying to go back to see the twin baby tigers again.  They aren't such babies now, more like adolescents, but last time they were laying on their sides sleeping.  With the heat today, I'm sure they will be sleeping again this afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment