Monday, July 2, 2018

The Works and up again

This morning at 8:30 a.m. I have a long appointment at Nature Hair that we call The Works.  That means not only the usual pedicure, manicure, and facial waxing but also hair coloring, highlights, and trim.  It takes a long time to do all that, so that's why we are starting early because I want to be home in time to go with Mark to his follow up cardiology appointment.

We had a wonderful time at Universal Studios yesterday.  We really liked the movie, Jurassic World.  Those two hours flew by.  Then lunch at the Hot Dog Hall of Fame was a hoot.  There were stadium seats from a variety of defunct stadiums, including one from the old Yankee Stadium.  Then we used the new Virtual Line to go through the two new rides.  The Virtual Line is a lot like a fast pass except that there are only three rides available on it in the park, and you have to be IN the park to activate it. Fast passes, which work for all the attractions in the parks,  can be made 60 days in advance for people booked in a hotel or 30 days for other people with a ticket to the park.  We walked in and did the two rides right away and then drove home.  By 6 p.m. we were home.  It was a wonderful day.

Although I stuck to my calories, trying to count the lunch as best as I could, I am up another pound today.  So Friday I reported that I was 274.2, but this morning I am 276.8, up 2.6 pounds.  We walked over four miles at the park, too.  This is why weight loss is so incredibly frustrating for me.  If I'm going to gain 2.6 pounds over the weekend, I would have preferred to have eaten a lot more.  LOL

So today I will eat all my meals at home.  I can keep the sodium lower, which is what I'm still hoping this is, but tomorrow and Wednesday we have the two big dinners out.  If these two pounds don't drop off by tomorrow morning, then I think I'll be reporting a big weight gain on Friday morning for this week.  Disgusting.


No comments:

Post a Comment