Wednesday, July 25, 2018

On the way to water aerobics

At 10 a.m. we will head out for water aerobics.  I haven't been since last Friday when it started to rain five minutes in to it.  Looks like the weather will hold out better today.

Yesterday's Mahj tournament was a hoot.  We had a made up card full of hands from various years going back as far as 1975, hands I had never seen before.  Unfortunately, they collected the card back at the end of the day.  Everybody struggled for the first round of play just trying to learn the card.  I won one game at the second round and again at the third round, so I felt pretty good.

Lunch turned out to be great.  They were serving pre-made Chef's Salad, dressing on the side, roll and butter, and the biggest chocolate chip cookies I ever saw.  I did NOT take a cookie.  YAY for me and my will power. I asked the lady in charge what lunch was going to be before the event started and mentioned I was vegetarian.  She told me it was Chef's salad, so I was thinking I'd just take the meat off, but five minutes later she came back and said the kitchen was making me a box without meat.  Fabulous!  It was a huge plastic container of Romaine lettuce with a hard boiled egg and about 1/3 cup of shredded cheese on it with a few slices of cucumber and tomato.  I ate one small roll with half a pat of butter and that was IT.  I made a good day out of a day with a meal out of the house.  I'm proud of myself.

Even though the day was great and I programmed all the calories, 1327 out of the 1470 I'm allotted, I was still up a half pound this morning to 267.5.  It can't be water weight because the sodium was only 1926 mg, well in range.  So I don't really know why I'm up that half pound.  I hope that with the water aerobics today and calories at 1413 our of the 1470 (but with 190 of those covered by exercise), I'll see a loss again tomorrow before going out to Bonefish Grille for dinner with the synagogue Sisterhood.  Sodium will be 2700 mg today, so that's a bit over the range.  If anything causes a gain today, I'm betting that will be it.


No comments:

Post a Comment