Friday, July 6, 2018

Missed the target

Yesterday I thought I'd lose a little for this morning's report.  I weighed the same yesterday morning as last Friday, but unfortunately, I am up six-tenths this morning to 274.8.  I am not happy about it.  I was especially good all day yesterday, logging it all in and eating only 1316 calories.  The only thing I can think is that the Bacos and Parmesan cheese on my salad plus the frozen dinner had too much sodium.  The sodium content for the day was 3200 mg, which is well over the daily recommended limit.  I might drop it today because I'm eating all the meals at home, and it will be another good day. My pre-planned day includes 1465 calories, 1966 mg of sodium.  Also, if it doesn't rain, Mark and I will head to the pool to do the 40 minute water aerobic routine.

Mark had a great appointment with the family doctor.  We really like her!  I thought there was going to be no reason for it other than they wanted it because he was in the hospital. I was wrong.  His insurance had denied the 150 mg twice a day of his heart med, Metropolol.  We didn't know because Mark didn't return AETNA's phone call.  The doctor got a letter from AETNA and had noticed that the Resident doctor at the hospital had written it for the WRONG MED!  There is Metropolol Tartrate and Metropolol Succinate.  He always takes Tartrate, which CAN be given at 150 mg twice a day, but the prescription was for the other kind, which CANNOT be prescribed at that higher dosage.  Our family doctor found and corrected the problem.  She called in a prescription for enough 75 mg tablets for him to take two in the morning and two in the evening.  That was totally worth the visit.

Also his BP was great in the office, 130/70.  He almost never gets numbers like that at home, so now we are thinking his machine at home isn't calibrated correctly.  That is something we can look in to and fix or buy a new one.

Other than that I played Mah Jongg and won two games; I worked on my jigsaw puzzle and found many pieces; I read my book; I listened to the Star Trek audio book with Mark for an hour; and we went to the movie at the Ballroom.  The movie was Phantom Thread with Daniel Day-Lewis.  It was nominated for several Academy Awards and won for costumes, but it was WEIRD.  We both decided we liked it just because it was a little quirky and weird.  Not our usual type of movie, but we were glad we went.

It doesn't look like it's going to rain, so we will head out to water aerobics about 10 a.m.  Then we will work in the library from 1-4 p.m.  If it's not raining at 4 p.m. when we get out of the library, we might hang out at the pool a little while before going home for Shabbat dinner.  Tomorrow we will go to the synagogue for services and then have a lovely, lazy day at home afterward.  Sunday will be a movie and Epcot, so there will be plenty of walking for exercise.  I am just hoping some weight leaves over the weekend.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment