Monday, July 9, 2018

Up three. Yeah.

I knew my weight would be up today even though I only ate 1291 calories and walked FIVE miles around Epcot over the course of 8 hours in the park.

Unfortunately, the sodium content was 4,721.5 mg, so I'm sure most of those three pounds that I'm up are from water retention.  I was not that thrilled to see the scale say 273 this morning after saying 270 yesterday.

Sigh.  Today will be even worse.  Today there will be 1334 calories, no exercise at all, and 5,961 mg of sodium.  That is WAY worse.

The sodium is so high because we are eating something called Fried Egg Spaghetti tonight.  We've had it before, and it's delicious, but we had never calculated its nutrition facts.  It's not from Diabetic Living.  So it calls for 1/2 cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese.  Depending on what calorie-counting program I use, the calories and carbs vary wildly for that cheese.  Tonight when Mark actually grates the cheese he bought, which came with nutrition labelling, we will know more carefully.  It looks like it might be less than what CalorieKing claims.  I certainly hope so.  It will save me calories and sodium.

Meanwhile, we had a lovely time at the movie and Epcot.  We saw three new attractions at Epcot, the Guardians of the Galaxy stage show, an interactive Coco exhibit in Mexico, and a new Canadian band called Blueberry Grass Band.  We also rode four rides together, plus Mark did an extra one on his own while I shopped.  It was hot and sweaty, 90 degrees, but I drank four bottles of water.  Not enough to sweat out or wear off the extra water weight from retaining the fluids.  My body is crazy!

Today I'm playing Mah Jongg this morning, and then I'm going shoe shopping.  I thought I had nice white shoes for the wedding next weekend, but I can't find them.  A few years ago, I rounded up a giant bag full of shoes and gave them to Goodwill.  I find it hard to believe that I'd give that pair of white shoes away, but they aren't in the closet.  I must have given them away.  Sad.  Now I need to go find something appropriate for the summer afternoon wedding next Saturday.

Tomorrow we are eating lunch at Animal Kingdom, so I'm sure the sodium levels will still be high.  Sigh.  Thursday I eat lunch out again.  I'm not expecting Friday's weigh-in to look too good.  Then we fly to Buffalo.

This is why I find losing weight now very, very hard.  Even when I only eat two meals out in a week and add some exercise here and there, it's not enough to lose any serious amount of weight.  I get frustrated.  So far, I'm holding steady on my resolve and my will power.  Every article you read about will power says the same thing.  It cannot last forever.  I have to see if I can make it last longer than EVER before!

No comments:

Post a Comment