Friday, July 27, 2018

One more week

It's been a difficult week for my weight loss.  I ate out for one breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner. Yet, every single day I programmed all the food I would eat for the day before I took single bite in the morning.  I gave very close estimates, if not the exact amount, for the meals in restaurants. I stuck to the plan and ate nothing I didn't program.  I admit there was not a lot of exercise.  Here are the calorie intakes for each day starting with last Friday and going through today.

Friday 1452
Saturday 1245
Sunday 1367
Monday 1293
Tuesday 1327
Wednesday 1368
Thursday 1290

That's the calories that would be included in this week's weight report.

Today I will be eating 1332.

Losing weight at this stage in life is very hard.  I am sure the answer is more exercise, but it seems harder to work it in now the I'm retired and in Florida, which makes no sense.  Right?  I play too much Mah Jongg!  LOL

Last Friday I reported my weight at 271.2, which was still up from the Friday before, which was 270.  I was trying to undo the damage in Buffalo!  Still my weight today, drumroll please, is 267!! That's a loss for this week of 4.2 pounds.  I'm over the moon happy!

Now I have one more week before we fly off to San Jose to see Evey and Eric.  My birthday will be out there, and Evey very kindly sent me the calorie counts for the homemade chocolate banana cake and the homemade peach ice cream she is going to make for me.  300 calories for a small slice {1/16th) of cake and 220 calories for the peach ice cream, "a nice scoop."  Well, that's about the calories I eat for dinner!  LOL  So, I will admit that I told her I plan to throw all my dieting know-how out the window on my birthday.  I'm going to eat all the cake and ice cream I want.  LOL

There will be other meals in restaurants during those ten days, including a big brunch with my friend Laverne and her husband Kelly, in the Presidio in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park.  That's going to be fun. Since I have eaten in restaurants many times now on this renewed weight loss plan and been successful, I think I can handle it.  I feel more confident about my restaurant meals than I ever have before.  In fact, last night at Bonefish Grille, I planned in advance to eat Caesar salad with salmon, then changed it to Rainbow trout with broccoli and asparagus after I ate too much lunch. They put bread and oil right in front of me, and I did NOT TOUCH IT!  That's probably a FIRST.

Between now and next Friday, I will be eating out on Sunday, for sure lunch and maybe dinner, at Hollywood Studios. Hopefully, all the walking around will burn off some of the calories.  Lunch will be super high because it's going to be a grilled cheese sandwich at the new quick service place in Toy Story Land.  Tuesday we are supposed to go to SeaWorld, and I have no idea if that is going to involve a meal out or not.  Then Friday we board the plane, which will involve lunch and dinner either on the plane or in an airport.  That begins 10 days of meals away from home, although some will be at Evey's house and be ok.

Once we get home on August 13, we are only home for five days before heading to the east coast of Florida, specifically Amelia Island, for an ELEVEN day road trip that will involve eating all meals in restaurants or hotels.  THAT will be a challenge!  I do plan to pack my scale and weigh myself every morning because I do NOT want a surprise like 8 pounds up in three days in Buffalo!  Geez, that may be a record for me.  Although I may have mentioned this before, that the first time I realized I could gain a lot of weight very quickly was when I was 18.  We took a 14 day trip with my parents to Florida with a 7 day cruise.  I am not making this up....I gained THIRTY pounds in 14 days.  That averages out to a little over 2 pounds gained per day.  I weighed 173 when we left and 203 when we returned.  It was the first time I went over 200 pounds, so I was very upset.  I immediately lost some of the weight in the first month back, getting down to 185, but then I  was in college and ballooned over four years to a graduation weight of 245.  So, yeah....I gained SIXTY pounds in the four years of college and began a seriously life long pattern of yo-yo-ing.

If I can get down to the low 200s and STAY THERE this time, I will consider it a miracle.






2 comments: