Saturday, July 21, 2018

It's all gone

This morning I hit the 270 mark, the number that I was a week ago Friday before leaving for Buffalo. So I gained 8 in three days and lost 8 in five days.  Wouldn't it be nicer if it was the other way around?  LOL

Some of our plans fell apart yesterday.  We did have a nice breakfast out yesterday with Barb and Ed, although my veggie egg white omelet came as regular eggs swimming in olives.  If you know me, you know I HATE olives.  I asked for a menu to check that I missed them in the list of veggies, but I was right.  Olives were not one of the veggies listed, so I sent it back.  Also the decaf coffee was disgusting, so I made the waitress bring me a regular coffee.  Should have known from that experience that the day was going south.

After breakfast, we walked over to the pool to do water aerobics.  The sky looked ominous!  It started thundering with visible lightening in the distance after only five minutes of exercise.  We all got out of the pool.  As soon as Mark and I got back in the car, the pouring rain started.  We went home for a few hours before we had to go back to work in the library.

Working in the library turned out just fine, and once we got home, nothing else went awry.

At first, I thought I was going to hate the dinner that Mark picked to make, a summer salad from the Diabetic Living magazine.  It was grilled salmon on a bed of fresh spinach with Feta cheese, raspberries, walnuts and a homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing.  Well....I don't eat any of those things except salmon and spinach.

I was thinking that it would be a boring dinner with just grilled salmon on fresh spinach, but I added some grated Parmesan cheese and a bowl of mixed green salad from a bag to make it more filling.  It was delicious.  Also the Publix challah was especially delicious, so the dinner was better than expected.

This morning I was so happy to see 270 on the scale! It shows me that I CAN eat out and still lose weight, although it's scary for me.  I have a history of making poor choices in restaurants, but this week, Monday through Friday, I ate THREE meals out, two lunches and a breakfast, and I still lost weight.  I really must keep that in mind when restaurant opportunities come up again, and they WILL come up again.

From yesterday through next Friday, I will be eating out twice, one lunch and one dinner.  I'm considering cancelling the dinner since it's not 100% necessary.  The lunch is part of an all-day Mah Jongg tournament on Tuesday, so I cannot change that.  I can hope the lunch is something that I can eat (vegetarian or fish) and not too high in calories.  I'll let you know!

Have a good Shabbat.  We are heading out to synagogue in a few minutes.  When we get home, we will enjoy the rest of the day indoors, doing my usual things: jigsaw puzzle, reading, watching TV.


1 comment:

  1. I am also in the same boat when it comes to weight loss, I don't go to restaurants to get the vegetarian meals I want, simply get them from Activeats.

    ReplyDelete